For discussion about setting up your studio and advice on the gear and equipment within it.
By DJEther Sat Feb 28, 2009 6:05 am
How do you guys keep your pads clean and what do you use to clean the casing?

The manual says not to use any cleaners cuz it could "damage" the finish.

plus I opened up my XL to install new buttons and a new set of pads and there was so much dust and grime.

What do you guys use for the casing?

Alcohol preps, electronic cleaner?

What do you guys use to clean your pads?

I just dont wanna use something that could damage it.
By DJEther Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:15 pm
read another thread but it only answered about a solvent to clean the case.

some high grade electronics isopropyl 99%+ because if you use 50% rubbing alcohol, it supposedly speeds up oxidation on the casing.

What about the cleaning the pads?
By SHWELL Sat Feb 28, 2009 6:15 pm
Most important to me is covering it when it is not in use.

I just use Glass cleaner without amonia to clean things up when they need it. That is done maybe once a month.. In between I may use a slightly damp cloth to give them a quik wipedown.
By dafoost Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:17 am
DJEther wrote:The manual says not to use any cleaners cuz it could "damage" the finish.

yo son, **** yo finish
By SHWELL Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:54 pm
dafoost wrote:
DJEther wrote:The manual says not to use any cleaners cuz it could "damage" the finish.

yo son, **** yo finish

lofl..... They should've mnever let yall get MPC's.....

As far as the finish goes, if you stay away from extremely harsh chemicals you should be fine. The finish can be taken care of if needed at a reasonable cost... But to repair a burnt out unit is much harder to deal with.

TO add to my previous post, I have a prob with dust in my house, so I hit everything up with a can of compressed air on a weekly basis. But nothing is going to keep them 100% clean all the time.... My MPC seems dirtier on the days that I don't use it. So I use it everyday to keep it clean as well...
By SNMTK Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:55 am
SHWELL wrote:Most important to me is covering it when it is not in use.

second that, since ive only got a 500 i just place a sheet of paper over it or something nearby like a magazine to keep dust out

SHWELL wrote:I have a prob with dust in my house, so I hit everything up with a can of compressed air on a weekly basis. But nothing is going to keep them 100% clean all the time.... My MPC seems dirtier on the days that I don't use it. So I use it everyday to keep it clean as well...

me too.. anything in my house that gets left untouched for a couple of days has already built up a fine layer of visible dust. i got a duster (lol) handy on me at all times looking like a housewife, dusting my mpc keyboard and monitors. you should see me, im obsessive compulsive with that shit almost, i hate the tiniest bit of dust it bugs me. whats this compressed air thing ive never heard of it, sounds like it could do some good