For discussion about setting up your studio and advice on the gear and equipment within it.
By mister_sosa74 Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:29 am
Nym wrote:i was thinking more along the lines like beat it with a broom handle

^^^ I Agree

But I also use Zest and it leaves it Zest-Fully Clean then I rub some cocoa butter lotion for any scrapes and bruised... That way it wouldnt leave marks.... :lol:

Nah but seriously use either Electric Connector Cleaner that ones they sell in Auto Parts Stores and the outer casing of the MPC with WD40....
By Soggy Mon Jun 13, 2022 7:30 am
Keep covered with a cloth when not in use.
Use dry cloth to wipe most the dust off, sometimes will use a air duster.

And I use a cigarette filter to clean in between the pads! Works a charm.
By HanHuman Tue Jun 14, 2022 5:36 pm
Got a few of these guys on top of small synths, MPCs, pedalboard, etc + portable vacuum cleaner when dust start to creep in. And once in a while some screen cleaner spray on a cloth to freshen up all the finger marks etc.
By The Jackal Sun Jul 10, 2022 4:41 am
i have a feather duster & dust buster specifically to keep the area clean and give everything a sweep down & vacuum every few weeks. maybe once every few years i disconnect everything and remove it for a deep clean and wipe the gear down or hit it with canned air.
By The Jackal Fri May 26, 2023 8:32 pm
Man I saw this crazy little rechargeable 100000 RPM handheld fan for cleaning R/C cars that would make for a good compressed air replacement, I'll probably get one at some point. Looks like it's called a GT Power Jet Fan, but it's marketed towards R/C hobbyists, so it's obviously like $50 and you can probably find one for cheaper if you look for an off-brand model or something.