For discussion about setting up your studio and advice on the gear and equipment within it.

By mpc_DV8 Fri Oct 11, 2002 1:50 pm
I recently came into some money and was able to invest in some kit. For ages I just had a PC and a longing for an MPC.

Now I got this (all within the past 3 months).

Mpc 4000. 512meg mem
Behringer DDx3216 mixer
Novation KStation Keyboard

Pc Amd Athalon 1.8, 512 mem, Audigy s/c,
running Cubase, fruity Loops, Rebirth and Soundforge.

Bose Sound system with Sub. (those ickle black speakers)

Im spent up now, but saving for more outputs on the Mpc.
I dont know whether to get the Adat 16 out or the anolouge outs. The Mixer is digital, if anyone has any suggestions please post them.

I reakon that this lot will keep me busy learning for a couple of years..................

By FromthePantoL.A. Sat Oct 12, 2002 10:10 am
WEll I dont have much and what I do have is not being used to it's full potential. That whole midi thing that I wrote about , I can't get it working. I have'nt had the MPC2000xl for long ( about 2 weeks) but I know the basics because I have been making beats for a minute in the studio. Anyway I'm just starting off my studio and this is what I have:
                    G3 w/ Cubasis & cd burner
                     MPC 2000xl
                    Emu module
                   IBM w/ Protools & Acid

Like I said , I have a whole lot to learn and the p.C. with Protools is very crappy. I hardly use it. I've mad some dope beats on the MPC but it seems like it never gets saved right. The sounds are always saved but the sequences are'nt saved right. Maybe y'all can help. I save it as midi 1. Is that right? Is there more to it? Any help in this or midi , I'd appreciate , thanks. Well that's my set-up. I saving for a new digital multitrack now. I want either a Dps 24 or Dps 16. Depends on how much $.