For discussion about setting up your studio and advice on the gear and equipment within it.

By richienunchucks Wed Nov 06, 2002 6:06 am
i've been storing a lot of samples on my computer for the pure fact that i have almost limitless space there.  for me, it's a lot easier to make beats by ear and the pads on my mpc makes that process flawless.  is there anyway i can use the samples stored on my hard drive to be triggered by my mpc?  i get the jist of midi sequencing but i'm confused as how to do it in a real-time situation. so basically my question is, can i use my computer like a external scsi drive for my mpc.. and also which sequencing programs are optimal for this process.. (at the moment, i'm using logic platinum)[/color]

By Notorious M.P.C Wed Nov 06, 2002 7:20 am
No you cant....It wont work....You'd just hafta trigger/transfer your samples like the rest o' us herbs do-hondele, hondele, M, I, D, I uh ohhhhhhhh....Midi is really easy once you get the hang of using it it....to a degree it was meant to aid in real-time performance situations....It looks like you need to do some more reading and trial and error before you jump to something like Logic......Logic is great for midi but hard on those who arent somewhat learned in midi......btw-dont you have a zip drive or something?[/color]