For discussion about setting up your studio and advice on the gear and equipment within it.

BySTIX Sun Nov 10, 2002 6:17 pm
My MPC 2000XL is only 4 days old now.
Is there anybody out there that can tell me what equipment I should get next.  My objective is to make a instrumental cd and for the long term I want an all out home recording studio.
Did I get a good start with this purchase?
Where do I get the hot sounds from? So far I haven't been able to produce nothing better than what my old high school band sounds like.

Holla back[/color]

By FromthePantoL.A. Mon Nov 11, 2002 7:13 am
My MPC 2000XL is only 4 days old now.
Is there anybody out there that can tell me what equipment I should get next.  My objective is to make a instrumental cd and for the long term I want an all out home recording studio.
Did I get a good start with this purchase?
Where do I get the hot sounds from? So far I haven't been able to produce nothing better than what my old high school band sounds like.

Yo son , none of us can help you until you tell us what it is that you wanna do.
What's the music that you wanna deal with?
Well we can tell you general things but as far as what to buy next , you really should give us more background info.
Is it rock , r&b , jazz , what?
I can tell you this much , if your are trying to make beats for emcees , then you definitely made the right selection.
Give us more info.[/color]

BySTIX Tue Nov 12, 2002 12:56 am
I want to make some phat azz hip hop beats.
I in da dirty so you know for the most part we about the bass and I have to keep it crunk starting out, but over time I want to make shyt that anybody can say is hot. Like how the best in the biz do it.[/color]