For discussion about setting up your studio and advice on the gear and equipment within it.
By Ultros Fri May 05, 2023 6:46 am
I agree the layout is a bit.. a lot fiddly. I am a cheating pos, i plug mine into the computer and use the computer for patch generation usually. makes it so much easier, need a proper midi interface or the right cables so it sends sysex to the microkorg.
By bitermc Fri May 05, 2023 8:52 am
I gotta say I look at this thread very often and never say a word, but I really like the pics of your cribs.
By HanHuman Fri May 05, 2023 12:20 pm
Ultros wrote:I agree the layout is a bit.. a lot fiddly. I am a cheating pos, i plug mine into the computer and use the computer for patch generation usually. makes it so much easier, need a proper midi interface or the right cables so it sends sysex to the microkorg.
Definitely should do that as well, gonna look into it. Until now I've only been using some old program to backup my patches, but forgot that the editing was a thing too.
By Lancerben Tue May 09, 2023 10:33 pm
Lampdog wrote:I posted these before, but, I’ll throw ‘em again.
This was before a new pc and before Keys61.

Nice!!
By Lancerben Tue May 09, 2023 10:35 pm
HanHuman wrote:Image
Christov wrote:Thanx! Perhaps on synhforum.nl?
I mean familiar with the 2 screens and some of the gear. :)

Call 1800 "hooked on synths" if you need help
By HanHuman Wed May 10, 2023 5:15 pm
Lancerben wrote:Call 1800 "hooked on synths" if you need help
Yep. But I swear, no more from now on! :nod:
By Lancerben Thu May 11, 2023 9:50 am
NearTao wrote:That is an impressive number of Elgato stream decks!

Yes and most have commonly used functions on Cubase. Works amazing. This pic was taken before complete programming of the buttons.

Workflow is incredible with these quick functions... Don't need the mouse nearly as much. Using my left hand to open up screens is way more efficient.
By bitermc Thu May 11, 2023 11:58 am
OK, here's my setup... I've reduced gear to a minimum because I'm somehow transitioning from DJ/Producer to Pianist/Crooner.

By Lancerben Thu May 11, 2023 6:36 pm
bitermc wrote:OK, here's my setup... I've reduced gear to a minimum because I'm somehow transitioning from DJ/Producer to Pianist/Crooner.

Nice.. Funny because I am doing a bit of the same. Had way more gear and now singing more. I'll say though just the MPC and softsynths is all one needs. Heck just the MPC you can make professional music depending on the style. It lacks some organic bread and butter which is why the need for plug ins mostly.
By Lampdog Tue Jul 04, 2023 7:56 pm
Lancerben wrote:More pictures of quick functions for Cubase

I don’t stream or use a daw at all, but, I keep hungrily looking at these sexy ass devices.