For discussion about setting up your studio and advice on the gear and equipment within it.
By Ultros Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:55 pm
Either of those would probably do. I have seen the second one on amazon before almost pulled the trigger on it and backed out like "maybe i'll wait.." Key feature for me would be some sort of wrap-around desk so I could just rotate the chair.
By Monotremata Sat Apr 24, 2021 3:20 pm
Nice clean setup! Just got one of those Launchkey Mk3s a couple months ago. That thing rules in Logic, Ableton and with the MPC!

@Ultros - On Stage makes a 'side car' kind of rack that goes with that desk I got. There's corner attachments and then the rack so you cant make it wrap around you like a command station in a space ship, but you can have a rack on each side that curves around within your reach if you want. Probably looking around $1000 for the desk, two racks and the two corners to attach them though. For that price though you can just get an Omnirax Presto, which is the newer version of the Gusto desk I used to have. THAT thing was awesome.
By loose_t Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:14 pm
Always playing hardware Tetris with limited room/desk space. I find putting things in the rack means they don't get used, so I do a lot of switching in and out of stuff. This layout is working well for me tho, and is a fav combination of hardware that I keep coming back to. There's 10 outs from the MPC, 4 from the Prophet 08, and 1 from the Bass Station II going into Pro Tools thru a Focusrite 18i8/Behringer ADA8200. I can jam away until things start sounding good, then hit record and everything gets recorded to its own track for further mangling, arranging. Not bothering with outboard effects for the moment for simplicity and less cables.
By Danoc Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:32 pm
loose_t wrote:Always playing hardware Tetris with limited room/desk space. I find putting things in the rack means they don't get used, so I do a lot of switching in and out of stuff. This layout is working well for me tho, and is a fav combination of hardware that I keep coming back to. There's 10 outs from the MPC, 4 from the Prophet 08, and 1 from the Bass Station II going into Pro Tools thru a Focusrite 18i8/Behringer ADA8200. I can jam away until things start sounding good, then hit record and everything gets recorded to its own track for further mangling, arranging. Not bothering with outboard effects for the moment for simplicity and less cables.

cool stu, I like!
By dabmeister Tue May 11, 2021 10:28 pm

https://www.solidstatelogic.com/products/fusion

Will be experimenting with some new outboard gear. Must be pretty decent, not many if any used units circulating yet.
By v00d00ppl Tue May 11, 2021 11:21 pm
dabmeister wrote:Image

Will be experimenting with some new outboard gear. Must be pretty decent, not many if any used units circulating yet.

Do you have one already ? For tracking you could simply just use the superanalogue stereo sound and use the vintage transformer module for weight into your tracks. If you want to warm things up you can use the VHD which I believe is inspired by driving the 4000E console. If’ you are tracking you can use the violet EQs too to give your instruments something extra. I’m all out of rack space. Let me know how it goes.
By Lampdog Wed May 12, 2021 1:38 am
What’s funny, I sit up and pay attention, for years, when mono, dab, voodoo and neartao speak up, there are a slight few others but yall come to mind first.
By dabmeister Wed May 12, 2021 3:33 am
v00d00ppl wrote:
dabmeister wrote:Image

Do you have one already? For tracking you could simply just use the superanalogue stereo sound and use the vintage transformer module for weight into your tracks. If you want to warm things up you can use the VHD which I believe is inspired by driving the 4000E console. If’ you are tracking you can use the violet EQs too to give your instruments something extra. I’m all out of rack space. Let me know how it goes.

Just paid for it today, will post pics once it arrives. I thought of some other processing gear but this one caught my attention the most.

Lampdog wrote:What’s funny, I sit up and pay attention, for years, when mono, dab, voodoo and neartao speak up, there are a slight few others but yall come to mind first.

Man, I miss making music. I'm hustl'n like crazy these days to be able to afford this stuff. All I'm desiring is some quality time to put my studio back together so I can get busy doing what I once was doing on a regular at one point.
By NearTao Wed May 12, 2021 11:34 am
dabmeister wrote:Man, I miss making music. I'm hustl'n like crazy these days to be able to afford this stuff. All I'm desiring is some quality time to put my studio back together so I can get busy doing what I once was doing on a regular at one point.

The chip shortage is killing me... waiting on getting a MOTU 1248 to tie a lot of gear together (over eight weeks now), and it's back ordered to the Stone Age apparently.
By dabmeister Wed May 12, 2021 12:41 pm
NearTao wrote:
dabmeister wrote:Man, I miss making music. I'm hustl'n like crazy these days to be able to afford this stuff. All I'm desiring is some quality time to put my studio back together so I can get busy doing what I once was doing on a regular at one point.

The chip shortage is killing me... waiting on getting a MOTU 1248 to tie a lot of gear together (over eight weeks now), and it's back ordered to the Stone Age apparently.

:nod: :nod: :nod:
By v00d00ppl Wed May 12, 2021 1:02 pm
Lampdog wrote:What’s funny, I sit up and pay attention, for years, when mono, dab, voodoo and neartao speak up, there are a slight few others but yall come to mind first.

What up Lamp and Dab. Yea I miss all y’all too. I’ve just been working a lot and now I can fit music more in my schedule. I’ll post lab pics soon once I declutter wires.
By dabmeister Wed May 12, 2021 1:53 pm
v00d00ppl wrote:

What up Lamp and Dab. Yea I miss all y’all too. I’ve just been working a lot and now I can fit music more in my schedule. I’ll post lab pics soon once I declutter wires.

What up Voo! Yeah, I don't hang around like I use to, but it's good catching up with familiar folks.
By NearTao Wed May 12, 2021 2:06 pm
I've learned to embrace the cable mess :D

Eurorack requires a lot of deep breathing exercises to make sure you have the patience and are thoughtful enough keep plugging things together while keeping it from becoming one big mess.