For discussion about setting up your studio and advice on the gear and equipment within it.
By Danoc Mon Nov 07, 2022 3:37 am
That's a nice set and room!

Ultros wrote:As of today... after a clean up. Wouldn't matter if I had a mansion I'd still hole up in a mess it's just how I am. You can take ultros outta the country but you cant take the country outta ultros.

By asine Sat Nov 12, 2022 7:55 pm
Ultros wrote:As of today... after a clean up. Wouldn't matter if I had a mansion I'd still hole up in a mess it's just how I am. You can take ultros outta the country but you cant take the country outta ultros.

what is that crazy contraption hanging in the corner?????
By Lampdog Sat Nov 12, 2022 9:41 pm
Multi directional antenna.
By Danoc Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:51 pm
Pretty dope studios I must say. keep up the good work. :worthy:

By HanHuman Fri Dec 16, 2022 5:23 pm
Trakz wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ebm9cM6jnDQ

My lab.

Synth section

Lots of nice tings in there :nod:

Danoc wrote:Pretty dope studios I must say. keep up the good work. :worthy:

Love some of those wavestation sounds, sometimes a little cheezy, sometimes a little retro, but not too much. Just the right amount. :smoker:
By Sense-A Wed Jan 18, 2023 2:18 am
Back in the day, talking 90s, if you were a G you could afford one workstation that had to be your sampler, sequencer, and sound bank.

Now people have entire rooms full of equipment, but it doesn't necessarily produce a better result.

Some guy showed off what looked like at least 50 channels of compression. WTF? I can't imagine you'd ever need that unless you were recording a whole orchestra.

I recently added a yamaha TX81z and an el Capistan tape delay pedal and a midi patchbay.
By Danoc Thu Jan 19, 2023 3:06 am
Thanks bruh. I've bewn using The Wavestation, Triton Extreme and Omnisphere sounds in my tracks for singer song writers. Man l am blown away. It's a good time to be a music producer.

Danoc wrote:Pretty dope studios I must say. keep up the good work. :worthy:

Love some of those wavestation sounds, sometimes a little cheezy, sometimes a little retro, but not too much. Just the right amount. :smoker:[/quote]
By Danoc Mon Jan 23, 2023 3:21 am
Ok, l see you. Mice and clean. Compact is the way to go. I said that years ago. I figured out built a powerful PC and you can get some powerful Plugins. :smoker:

Christov wrote:New room, some less equipment... works great so far.

By richie Mon Jan 23, 2023 2:19 pm
Christov wrote:New room, some less equipment... works great so far.

Your bookshelf is crooked which will affect the analog outs on your interface, fix it for better analog quality.
By Komatos Records Tue Jan 24, 2023 6:32 pm
Love the variety of musician related titles on your bookshelf: Johnny Cash and Miles Davis (the O.G.s), Chuck D., Ice-T, Wu-Tang, Raekwon, Prodigy, etc. Plus a couple of books on the business of music and sampling.
By Christov Tue Jan 24, 2023 7:08 pm
Thanx everyone!

Komatos Records wrote:Love the variety of musician related titles on your bookshelf: Johnny Cash and Miles Davis (the O.G.s), Chuck D., Ice-T, Wu-Tang, Raekwon, Prodigy, etc. Plus a couple of books on the business of music and sampling.

Thanx man, always nice to read about music. Very inspiring to me. If you got a some recommendations I'm always open to them.
By terry towelling Tue Jan 24, 2023 11:02 pm
Christov wrote:Thanx everyone!

Komatos Records wrote:Love the variety of musician related titles on your bookshelf: Johnny Cash and Miles Davis (the O.G.s), Chuck D., Ice-T, Wu-Tang, Raekwon, Prodigy, etc. Plus a couple of books on the business of music and sampling.

Thanx man, always nice to read about music. Very inspiring to me. If you got a some recommendations I'm always open to them.

Tim Lawrence -- Love Saves the Day: A History of American Dance Music Culture, 1970-1979
Tim Lawrence -- Life and Death on the New York Dance Floor, 1980-1983
Simon Reynolds -- Rip It Up and Start Again: Postpunk 1978–1984
Simon Reynolds -- Energy Flash
Jeff Chang -- Can't Stop Won't Stop: A History of the Hip-Hop Generation
By Low3001 Sat Jan 28, 2023 8:55 am
Current situation in my man cave corner. Monitor speaker is not plugged. Of course this is not final yet at all. I would need more space as this is also my daughters hobby room (other side of the picture).