For discussion about setting up your studio and advice on the gear and equipment within it.
By Lampdog Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:07 pm
I’ve been looking at the Nanopad lately.

The monitor stickers are from my Mother-in-law.

By Beats_me Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:49 pm
This is my first post of my "setup"

Not much going on; MPC Live with some Audio Technica ATH M50x headphones, occasionally sample live instruments through the digidesign mBox 2 - I'm primarily a guitarist, so this works well for me

By dabmeister Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:28 pm
Nice setups guys! Me personally, I've been out of the music making arena for a good minute now. But as of recently, I've upgraded and added some nice pieces to my setup. The main addition I've acquired was a 64 channel digital mixer with DAW control and automation. But as soon as I get things arranged and hooked up, I'll post some pics.

By dabmeister Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:07 am

By Lampdog Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:32 pm
By peterpiper Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:38 pm
Yeah, it seem to be a dope console but this display....... :roll: don't like them in this size and from this era ('pseudo graphic', too much info on the screen IMO), not on the 02r, not on the 4000, and not on this console. Sorry :)
(I guess I'll burn in hell for sayin that)
peace
By dabmeister Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:38 am
peterpiper wrote:Yeah, it seem to be a dope console but this display....... :roll: don't like them in this size and from this era ('pseudo graphic', too much info on the screen IMO), not on the 02r, not on the 4000, and not on this console. Sorry :)
(I guess I'll burn in hell for sayin that)
peace

:lol: No worries man, I didn't have to mortgage anything for it anyway. Got it dirt cheap, but I also wanted to experiment going all digital too. I heard these mixers can do some serious things and that's what I'm trying to do as far as workflow is concerned. I'm already trying to wrap my head around some basic functions, let alone getting use to doing "shift, control & alt" keys just to power it down. It's a whole different beast compared to the MX8000 I was use to using. Only time will tell if I made the right choice getting this. And thanks Lamp!
By peterpiper Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:20 am
Oh I can imagine (the switch fom MX8000 to this monster) :)
I'll have the chance to get in touch with the Behringer x32 as soon as the church open again (churches are closed here because.......ta tam.....corona).
I've heard good things about it. (Disclaimer: I'm not a fan of Behringer :))

peace
By CharlesRandolph Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:58 am
dabmeister wrote:
:lol: No worries man, I didn't have to mortgage anything for it anyway. Got it dirt cheap, but I also wanted to experiment going all digital too. I heard these mixers can do some serious things and that's what I'm trying to do as far as workflow is concerned.

I'm already trying to wrap my head around some basic functions, let alone getting use to doing "shift, control & alt" keys just to power it down. It's a whole different beast compared to the MX8000 I was use to using. Only time will tell if I made the right choice getting this. And thanks Lamp!

The screens on the DM series will start to develop lines, due to internal heat. Look into getting a see2my card in the near future.

How To: https://www.2seemy.com/index.php/diapor ... my-dmxx00/
Link: https://www.2seemy.com/index.php/produi ... my-dm4800/

What add on cards do you have for the DM 4800?
By dabmeister Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:37 pm
CharlesRandolph wrote:
The screens on the DM series will start to develop lines, due to internal heat. Look into getting a see2my card in the near future.

How To: https://www.2seemy.com/index.php/diapor ... my-dmxx00/
Link: https://www.2seemy.com/index.php/produi ... my-dm4800/

What add on cards do you have for the DM 4800?

Yeah, I heard about this on the Tascam forum. Then I saw where a few guys had their mixers set up with a monitor mirroring what was on the screen, pretty cool! This board came with two cards...IF-FW/DM MkII firewire card & a IF AE/DM AES expansion card.
By dabmeister Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:49 pm
peterpiper wrote:Oh I can imagine (the switch fom MX8000 to this monster) :)
I'll have the chance to get in touch with the Behringer x32 as soon as the church open again (churches are closed here because.......ta tam.....corona).
I've heard good things about it. (Disclaimer: I'm not a fan of Behringer :))

peace

Behringer is a totally different company these days. They've gained respect for some decent products they recently dropped. Folks use to laugh at 'em (and some still do) back when they were copying other companies products and getting their arse's sued for it. But these days they're on a roll with some new products that folks are liking and giving kudos for. I've seen a few katz use the X32 and it sounds nice!
By CharlesRandolph Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:58 pm
dabmeister wrote:Yeah, I heard about this on the Tascam forum. Then I saw where a few guys had their mixers set up with a monitor mirroring what was on the screen, pretty cool! This board came with two cards...IF-FW/DM MkII firewire card & a IF AE/DM AES expansion card.

The IF-FW/DM MkII is perfect, do you have it connected via FW to your computer yet? There was no reason for Tascam to discontinue these units, the HUI support alone is great. Plus there still isn't anything that was in that price range, that does what the DM 3200 AND 4800 could do.
By dabmeister Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:42 pm
CharlesRandolph wrote:
dabmeister wrote:Yeah, I heard about this on the Tascam forum. Then I saw where a few guys had their mixers set up with a monitor mirroring what was on the screen, pretty cool! This board came with two cards...IF-FW/DM MkII firewire card & a IF AE/DM AES expansion card.

The IF-FW/DM MkII is perfect, do you have it connected via FW to your computer yet? There was no reason for Tascam to discontinue these units, the HUI support alone is great. Plus there still isn't anything that was in that price range, that does what the DM 3200 AND 4800 could do.

If you could find some way to mount two silent fan on the inside that pulls the hot air out. The screens will last a long time.

Dude, you sure ain't into mind reading? :lol: Anyhow, I agree with what you said about installing fans because heat def seems to be the culprit to causing failure to not only the display, but other components too. I've been watching these for the past decade. They did pack a whole bunch of useful features for its price range. I'll be adding a firewire card to my computer next. I'm in no rush so to speak, but I would like to get things going to see how the recordings will sound as soon as I get the chance.