For discussion about setting up your studio and advice on the gear and equipment within it.
By SpaceandBass Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:15 am

Hey everybody. Checking in here. Some really nice set ups so far. Working on a synth wall for the studio. Really liking my MPC One Gold Edition to sequence all this gear. Still working through the intricacies, but getting some phat beats out of the setup so far.
By NearTao Tue Jul 13, 2021 12:11 pm
SpaceandBass wrote:Image

My back hurts thinking about how to play that setup :D

Cool setup, and dig the custom stand! You tried mounting the power/cables under the stand to clean it up a bit?
By BigRick Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:18 pm
Just bought my first MPC and love it
tight space in my bedroom so I had to wall mount everything

By Christov Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:41 am
BigRick wrote:Just bought my first MPC and love it

Nice corner full of gear, but it seems kinda hard to comfortably operate that MPC... Or is it just me?
By Christov Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:09 pm

Since the last time I posted something over here I got a new desk and a MPC One Retro... Perhaps new monitors also, not sure. Anyway, love that new desk and that new MPC. Fits perfectlyvnext to my EPS16+
By Christov Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:31 am
terry towelling wrote:that's a great set-up. Lots of nice gear and all arranged really well.
how do you like the mpc one?

Thanx man!

I have the One for about a week or two and I love it's sound when sampling vinyl, but its really a big transition coming from a 2500. Kinda like going from SNES to PS5 haha. Some stuff is really confusing for me, but I bought the MPC Bible which is a big help. But overall I'm glad with it, just need some time to figure everything out. Also love the samplechopping on it. Really intuitive, kinda combination between 2500 chopping and ReCycle, but then with a touchscreen.
By terry towelling Thu Aug 12, 2021 2:10 am
that's great to hear you like the sound of the mpc one. yeah, it looks way complicated.
you have an eps16 and a s950 ( or is it a s900?), so I trust you when it comes to the sound quality of a sampler.
I have an asr10, eps classic and a Yamaha su700. they all sound really good. but I would like to add a sampler with visual waveform for chopping, and easy saving of projects. I was worried a modern sampler might sound flat and uninspiring.
By Christov Thu Aug 12, 2021 5:47 am
terry towelling wrote:that's great to hear you like the sound of the mpc one. yeah, it looks way complicated.
you have an eps16 and a s950 ( or is it a s900?), so I trust you when it comes to the sound quality of a sampler.
I have an asr10, eps classic and a Yamaha su700. they all sound really good. but I would like to add a sampler with visual waveform for chopping, and easy saving of projects. I was worried a modern sampler might sound flat and uninspiring.

It's a 950 yeah. And nice list of samplers, never heard a EPS classic in real life, real curious how they sound.

And I totally understand you. What I used to do with my old 2500 was basicly resampling the 950 and 16+ in it so that I did have that typical sound, but the use of visual chopping, usb transfer and a internal HD. The 2500 was great in alot of aspects, but on it's own it always sounded kinda dull to me. So you could always do that I guess, best of both worlds.

The One, I find it hard to define what I like about it's sound, but where I found the 2500 dull on it's own this just kinda... Really really captures the dynamic of a vinyl record really well. It reminds me of my old MOTU-card, but then more punchier. Not as soundcolouring as a Ensoniq machine or a S950, but it just sounds real good to me. Last couple of days I've been chopping drumbreaks on it, both as a way to learn chopping and also to make a archive of chopped breaks and every break I sample a drumbreal into it sounds just really good.
By BigRick Sun Aug 15, 2021 11:16 am
Christov wrote:
BigRick wrote:Just bought my first MPC and love it

Nice corner full of gear, but it seems kinda hard to comfortably operate that MPC... Or is it just me?

I really only use the MPC ONE for Sequencing (Im DAWless) the Sequencer in the KRONOS is quarkey and not fun to use like the MPC is
The position of the MPC is perfect for me using it only as a Sequencer
Just added a new Synth "prologue 16"

Best regards, Rick

By Danoc Tue Aug 17, 2021 1:40 am
Dam :shock: really feeling your stu bro. Nice :worthy:

BigRick wrote:
I really only use the MPC ONE for Sequencing (Im DAWless) the Sequencer in the KRONOS is quarkey and not fun to use like the MPC is
The position of the MPC is perfect for me using it only as a Sequencer
Just added a new Synth "prologue 16"

Best regards, Rick

By Danoc Tue Aug 17, 2021 1:41 am
Nice setup :worthy:
Christov wrote:Image

Since the last time I posted something over here I got a new desk and a MPC One Retro... Perhaps new monitors also, not sure. Anyway, love that new desk and that new MPC. Fits perfectlyvnext to my EPS16+