For discussion about setting up your studio and advice on the gear and equipment within it.
By CharlesRandolph Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:47 pm
dabmeister wrote:
Dude, you sure ain't into mind reading? :lol: Anyhow, I agree with what you said about Tascam discontinuing these boards. I've been watching these for the past decade. They did pack a whole bunch of useful features for its price range. I'll be adding a firewire card to my computer next. I'm in no rush so to speak, but I would like to get things going to see how the recordings will sound as soon as I get the chance.

Make sure the FW card has a TI chipset. :nod: I the mpc 4800 has little fan, that's why the screens hold up better. However people have replaced them.
By dabmeister Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:52 pm
CharlesRandolph wrote:Make sure the FW card has a TI chipset. :nod: The mpc 4000 has little fan, that's why the screens hold up better. However people have replaced them.

True. I'll make sure I look out for certain FW cards with the TI chipsets, thanks. BTW, I wonder if there's enough real estate to accommodate any extras in this board? TBC
By CharlesRandolph Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:30 pm
dabmeister wrote:True. I'll make sure I look out for certain FW cards with the TI chipsets, thanks.

TI CHIP SET FW CARD: https://www.newegg.com/p/pl?d=firewire+card+ti+chipset

dabmeister wrote:BTW, I wonder if there's enough real estate to accommodate any extras in this board? TBC

It's possible to add, just not sure what. Tascam missed the mark, by not allowing the Tascam TC Companion app to be used to control all the functions of the board.
By dabmeister Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:31 pm
CharlesRandolph wrote:
dabmeister wrote:True. I'll make sure I look out for certain FW cards with the TI chipsets, thanks.

TI CHIP SET FW CARD: https://www.newegg.com/p/pl?d=firewire+card+ti+chipset

dabmeister wrote:BTW, I wonder if there's enough real estate to accommodate any extras in this board? TBC

It's possible to add, just not sure what. Tascam missed the mark, by not allowing the Tascam TC Companion app to be used to control all the functions of the board.

Thanks C for the info. Yep, I saw where katz were talking about the s/w. I did download TC Companion the other day, but I doubt if it'll be worth using. Basically at this point, the DAW control and FW are my concerns. I'll keep you informed of what I found, or any hits or misses. Thanks

BTW, here's a vid of one of the members over at Tascam forums who did this song using a 4800, and I actually like this tune...

By Lampdog Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:47 am

By dabmeister Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:05 am
^ ^ ^ ^ Nice Lamp! Wireless Keyboard?
By Lampdog Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:10 am
dabmeister wrote:^ ^ ^ ^ Nice Lamp! Wireless Keyboard?

I bought it for Rasp Pi4 but I use it with anything and everything else.
It’s a SUPER useful shit to have.

Yes, wireless bluetooth, also able to connect via usb and work wired as well..

:arrow: Rii Mini Bluetooth Keyboard with Touchpad&QWERTY Keyboard, Backlit Portable Wireless Keyboard for Smartphones/ Laptop/PC/Tablets/Windows/Mac/TV/Xbox/PS3/Raspberry Pi .(i8+ Blue)
By dabmeister Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:54 pm
Lampdog wrote:
dabmeister wrote:^ ^ ^ ^ Nice Lamp! Wireless Keyboard?

I bought it for Rasp Pi4 but I use it with anything and everything else.
It’s a SUPER useful **** to have.

Yes, wireless bluetooth, also able to connect via usb and work wired as well..

:arrow: Rii Mini Bluetooth Keyboard with Touchpad&QWERTY Keyboard, Backlit Portable Wireless Keyboard for Smartphones/ Laptop/PC/Tablets/Windows/Mac/TV/Xbox/PS3/Raspberry Pi .(i8+ Blue)

That's what up Lamp! I might have to title you the "gadgetmeister"! :-D
By Lampdog Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:37 pm
:lol:
By inflict3 Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:04 pm
I got one of those lil keyboards probably like 4 years ago, and loved it, haven’t used it in maybe 2 years now as I hardly turn on my computer anymore.. lol
By peterpiper Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:42 am
That minidisk remind me to get a player with digital out to transfer my 100+ disks on PC.
By Cockdiesel Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:56 pm
Damn, leave for a bit and now everyone is rocking Mpc x’s .... I guess next week they will all have that live MK3