For discussion about setting up your studio and advice on the gear and equipment within it.
By Smackdee Tue Nov 09, 2021 8:42 am
Kcearl wrote:My basement dwelling

My sofa dwelling

My out in the freezin cold dwelling

Very inspiring bro!!!
By Danoc Tue Nov 09, 2021 11:40 pm
Dam bro, you ain't playing, I was sorta that way back in the early 2000's, Im all inside the box now. I love being compact, but man, you have gear :popcorn:

My sofa dwelling

By Kcearl Wed Nov 10, 2021 1:01 am
Danoc wrote:Dam bro, you ain't playing, I was sorta that way back in the early 2000's, Im all inside the box now. I love being compact, but man, you have gear :popcorn:

Its basements, if I didn’t have one I wouldnt have the gear…same if I had to make money out of this Id be in the box too.

Wives dont care what goes on in the basement :wink:
By Danoc Wed Nov 10, 2021 9:28 am
I hear yah. :nod:

Kcearl wrote:
Its basements, if I didn’t have one I wouldnt have the gear…same if I had to make money out of this Id be in the box too.

Wives dont care what goes on in the basement :wink:
By Koekepan Thu Nov 11, 2021 8:22 pm
Kcearl has the cool toys. Kind of fun looking at it and seeing all the bits that I recognise.

Mine hasn't really changed since the last shot I sent, but right now I have a small nest of Volca, Boutique and Streichfett all joining the Force and Tascam DP-32SD party.

I'm so cheap I could probably resupply my studio by mugging highschoolers for their jewelry.
By Kcearl Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:18 pm
Koekepan wrote:Kcearl has the cool toys. Kind of fun looking at it and seeing all the bits that I recognise.

Mine hasn't really changed since the last shot I sent, but right now I have a small nest of Volca, Boutique and Streichfett all joining the Force and Tascam DP-32SD party.

I'm so cheap I could probably resupply my studio by mugging highschoolers for their jewelry.

:lol:

I made an entire track with the first four volcas, it was great fun and surprising how versatile they were…cant imagine how much fun I wouldve had with them when I was younger. I think all the small boxes, volcas, boutiques, sound great…its whether you can get along with the form factor more than anything.
By Koekepan Sun Nov 14, 2021 2:12 am
I never got the Beats nor the Sample, but I have used the Keys, Bass and FM in studio and on stage, and they've always delivered for me. Smart, cheap sound design should always be: "What can it do for me?" and never "What do I wish it did?" That's where I find a lot of people with eternal gearlust living, flipping dozens of amazing synths that rockstars have used to set the world alight.

It's as they say: if one person you meet is a dick, the problem is them. If every person you meet is a dick, the problem is you. The same logic applies to synths, in my world.
By NearTao Sun Nov 14, 2021 4:46 pm
I always figured if you cannot use an instrument to make at least ten songs with it, then you definitely didn't get your money's worth out of it. I get that sometimes an instrument isn't inspiring, but if you don't even try then it is on you. There's no magic bullet, you've just got to put the time in to get something back out of it.
By Kcearl Mon Nov 15, 2021 12:13 am
I never use more than 4 or 5 synths at a time, its all I really need. I rotate set ups a lot, rather than flip gear I keep it but not everything gets used. Ive still to dive into the hydra synth and the uno synth pros been turned on twice since I got it…I’ll just get into them further down the road.

Pro 2 and OB6, I could retire with just them and an MPC.
By Danoc Wed Nov 17, 2021 3:25 am
Could retire with Omnisphere 2, Eastwest Opus and Unify. Oh, can't forget Lunaris, a pad dream.
But l have. Bunch of software that l will keep and go nuts with :)

Kcearl wrote:I never use more than 4 or 5 synths at a time, its all I really need. I rotate set ups a lot, rather than flip gear I keep it but not everything gets used. Ive still to dive into the hydra synth and the uno synth pros been turned on twice since I got it…I’ll just get into them further down the road.

Pro 2 and OB6, I could retire with just them and an MPC.
By mr.thraz Wed Nov 17, 2021 11:13 am
Danoc wrote:Nice simple setup. What's the name of that midi keyboard?
mr.thraz wrote:New laptop, some monitors.
just got my 606 back from the shop. everything is ready for music.
going to have to work on my cable management.

It's the Korg microSTATION it's actually a synth.
By Danoc Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:17 am
Oh ok thanks
mr.thraz wrote:
[/quote]
It's the Korg microSTATION it's actually a synth.[/quote]
By Ultros Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:32 pm

My sofa dwelling

*jizz*

"Not that we needed all that for the trip, but once you get locked into a serious hardware collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can.”
By Kcearl Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:10 pm
Added this pair yesterday, monopoly and poly D…$500 each at sweetwater, lotta synth for the buck but nowhere to really put them

By dabmeister Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:01 pm
Kcearl wrote:Added this pair yesterday, monopoly and poly D…$500 each at sweetwater, lotta synth for the buck but nowhere to really put them

Nice! But I'm thinking you're destine for starting your own "sweetwater" showroom :hmmm: Any material done with your current setup that some of us inquiring minds would like to catch a good eargasm?