For discussion about setting up your studio and advice on the gear and equipment within it.
By Christov Mon Jul 18, 2022 4:56 pm
Danoc wrote:Nice set :nod:

Thanks man. Felt really weird making beats without my monitors, or let alone speakers at the right height, but when I had to go to the attic to fetch a cable I was happy that I put some of the stuff downstairs.
By Danoc Sat Jul 23, 2022 3:00 am
That's what's up :smoker:
Christov wrote:
Danoc wrote:Nice set :nod:

Thanks man. Felt really weird making beats without my monitors, or let alone speakers at the right height, but when I had to go to the attic to fetch a cable I was happy that I put some of the stuff downstairs.
By mr.thraz Sun Aug 14, 2022 6:44 am
mr.thraz wrote:New laptop, some monitors.
just got my 606 back from the shop. everything is ready for music.
going to have to work on my cable management.

Finally got a new desk!! And Laptop!!

Daw and hardware: FLStudio and Fire on Linux running in WINE, SP-404 MK2 (and spare), SP-606, MV-1, RC-202, Korg Microstation and a Zoom r24 for an interface.

along with all the free software of Linux that i can open in FL

Jack keeping every thing hooked up

DJ Rig: Mixxx and Mixmeister running (In WINE) on Ubuntu Mixmeister Control and 2 Numark HDX's. my spare 606 giving beats to scratch to.

Not long ago i was lamenting losing all my gear....once i forgot about that and just started making music with what i had every thing began coming back to me.

God is Good.
By bizon Sat Sep 17, 2022 10:27 am

That's my old studio. Just moved to bigger house and I'm setting up everything again with some little cosmetic changes. I'll share new photos soon.
By Smokeychuck Sat Sep 17, 2022 2:05 pm
No offense but it looks like some people here really need to focus on decoration and furniture. Seeing thousands of dollars of equipment sitting on $15 tables, boxes, and other ugly furniture is mind boggling.

One of the most important things to consider when setting up a music space is decoration, “vibe”, and “mood”.

Tired of seeing depressing looking setups lol here’s my old one. Currently in the process of redecorating and adding as much acoustic treatment as I can afford at a time.

My current setup has a bunch of acoustic treatment behind the desk, some music posters in the back and a bunch of plants in the room.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CinEupnO60K/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
By Lampdog Sat Sep 17, 2022 7:22 pm
By K.b.queensny Sat Oct 01, 2022 9:43 pm
bizon wrote:Image

That's my old studio. Just moved to bigger house and I'm setting up everything again with some little cosmetic changes. I'll share new photos soon.

I see an s900/s950. Still make use of it? Nice gear BTW.
By Danoc Tue Oct 04, 2022 6:00 pm
Very nice. :nod: l see the mpc x is the brain of your stu?
By Lampdog Wed Oct 05, 2022 1:42 am
By Danoc Mon Oct 17, 2022 6:55 am
Christov wrote:Seems to be a 4000 from what I can see.

You're right it is a 4000. Dam thing look like the X.
By asr10user Tue Oct 25, 2022 9:12 pm
A pic of my setup from about 15 or so years ago. Took a break, got a Maschine, took another break, wanted to go back to only hardware but really liked the Maschine, ended up with a Live 2 for the portability. Learned it pretty quickly but still have a long way to go.

By Lampdog Thu Oct 27, 2022 11:54 pm
Damn WHAT a change. Good change.
By Ultros Wed Nov 02, 2022 1:17 am
As of today... after a clean up. Wouldn't matter if I had a mansion I'd still hole up in a mess it's just how I am. You can take ultros outta the country but you cant take the country outta ultros.