For discussion about setting up your studio and advice on the gear and equipment within it.
By Monotremata Sat Mar 13, 2021 6:03 am
Damn that was a score! They're all going back up again along with the EMUs and Akai's.
By Monotremata Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:21 pm
**** a, thing is HUGE and not as fun to work with as a smaller/newer 24 channel but whatever. Its a full inline console, I got 24 channels going to the DAW and the DAW has all 24 channels out coming into the B inputs. I can write and record all day long, then hit a switch on each channel and mix a full 24 track mix from the computer when Im done without patching a damn thing. Had to lose an aux send, since two of these are dedicated 'foldback' sends and only the first one goes to the channel strip (the second one is permanently in the monitor/mixdown input) but whatever. I get two more stereo returns so there's my Space Echo and spring reverb going to their own returns instead of taking up more channel strips. Think I got 4 or 5 open channels for MORE GEAR now!

10/10 would NOT recommend this mixer unless you have a dedicated room for it. Its literally a 'studio size' console. Even the Soundcraft Ghost which replaced this was smaller, but the Ghost uses the good old 8 channels per PCB inside, the Spirit is all modular, every channel inside is its own individual board. I cant wait til I have to service it, shit is going to be easy as hell!

Finally got my new rack and got everything moved around and situated! Now all Im waiting for are some new snakes for the tape sends so I can swap out the 15 footers Im using at the moment.. Ran through a couple songs last night and this thing is pretty killer. Knock on the wood the power supply hasn't blown up yet but Im also not using any of the phantom power or pushing it..

By Ill-Green Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:06 am
My studio nowadays. Just for recording sounds and making tracks out of them. Electric guitar is my little invention I call the Cuatro Electro, for its a 4 string guitar. The sauce is the electronics I handcrafted myself. It growls more than it chimes. :mrgreen:

By Danoc Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:16 pm
Dammm Fammm :shock: where you been?
Nice set. I see you incorporated foot pedals and got rid of the MPC live. :mrgreen: Me too.
Whatever happened to the table you built for the live?
That Roland must be workin well for you. :nod: :)
Ill-Green wrote:My studio nowadays. Just for recording sounds and making tracks out of them. Electric guitar is my little invention I call the Cuatro Electro, for its a 4 string guitar. The sauce is the electronics I handcrafted myself. It growls more than it chimes. :mrgreen:

By Danoc Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:53 pm
Nice set!!!! :nod:

Monotremata wrote:**** a, thing is HUGE and not as fun to work with as a smaller/newer 24 channel but whatever. Its a full inline console, I got 24 channels going to the DAW and the DAW has all 24 channels out coming into the B inputs. I can write and record all day long, then hit a switch on each channel and mix a full 24 track mix from the computer when Im done without patching a damn thing. Had to lose an aux send, since two of these are dedicated 'foldback' sends and only the first one goes to the channel strip (the second one is permanently in the monitor/mixdown input) but whatever. I get two more stereo returns so there's my Space Echo and spring reverb going to their own returns instead of taking up more channel strips. Think I got 4 or 5 open channels for MORE GEAR now!

10/10 would NOT recommend this mixer unless you have a dedicated room for it. Its literally a 'studio size' console. Even the Soundcraft Ghost which replaced this was smaller, but the Ghost uses the good old 8 channels per PCB inside, the Spirit is all modular, every channel inside is its own individual board. I cant wait til I have to service it, **** is going to be easy as hell!

Finally got my new rack and got everything moved around and situated! Now all Im waiting for are some new snakes for the tape sends so I can swap out the 15 footers Im using at the moment.. Ran through a couple songs last night and this thing is pretty killer. Knock on the wood the power supply hasn't blown up yet but Im also not using any of the phantom power or pushing it..

By Ill-Green Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:58 am
Danoc wrote:Dammm Fammm :shock: where you been?
Nice set. I see you incorporated foot pedals and got rid of the MPC live. :mrgreen: Me too.
Whatever happened to the table you built for the live?
That Roland must be workin well for you. :nod: :)

Danoc hiya doing! :lol: remember that desk, I still have it in my TV room but its used to play records and practice jams on guitar.
By Danoc Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:34 am
:lol: l remember. It was just 2017 not that long ago.
Im good bro having fun making music working with some talent. Bout tp drop some projects. Bit lm so happy :)

Ill-Green wrote:
Danoc hiya doing! :lol: remember that desk, I still have it in my TV room but its used to play records and practice jams on guitar.
By Ultros Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:42 am
My set up is super unimpressive but it's pretty much all I need to make decent sounding music.

tt1625, mixdeck express, mpc one, microkorg, rx1602, mpx-8, mini play, and apc mini, jackson minion rr, and bc rich bich, and my rekkids.

By Lampdog Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:16 pm
Not about impressive, it’s about if you enjoy what you do with your gear.
Love that blue. My great room walls are almost the same blue.
By Ultros Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:40 pm
Lampdog wrote:Not about impressive, it’s about if you enjoy what you do with your gear.
Love that blue. My great room walls are almost the same blue.

Hah, you have good taste. With the white trim it pops nice. That mark in my wall though really grinds my gears though and the ghetto furniture. I need a corner desk BIG TIME. If you look closely at the tv it would appear dan aykroyd is throwing up for his set.
By Lampdog Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:07 pm
Studio RTA Creation Station Maple
$250 usd most places you find it.
LOTS of people run with this desk. Me too.

By Monotremata Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:56 pm
Almost bought one of those last year but went with the On Stage one instead. Wish I had the rack space right above the desk like my old Omnirax had, but the Studio RTA was a little bit too big to fit in my space here. The best part is, I got ViewSonic to pay for it, they gave us a couple hundred bucks to play with when we started working from home if we needed any equipment or anything. My old desk was too full of gear so I was working on the couch until I found out they would comp me for a new desk hah.