For discussion about setting up your studio and advice on the gear and equipment within it.
By v00d00ppl Wed Mar 09, 2022 12:56 am
My Chandler TG Microphone Cassettes came in today. Setting up now.

By dabmeister Wed Mar 09, 2022 3:50 pm
v00d00ppl wrote:My Chandler TG Microphone Cassettes came in today. Setting up now.

Sweet! Two for dual, stereo, or independent mono?
By v00d00ppl Wed Mar 09, 2022 4:13 pm
For all three scenarios.

Mono- single instruments like synths. You can just turn the input up and saturate your synths with the input transformer. You can also run guitar loops in mono through this and thicken things up.

Dual - processing left and right channels. For example I will set the mixing balance a certain way in superior drummer then I remove the stereo link mode and have my drums hit the compressor unlinked. The compressor favors this for drums and you can make one channel hit compression harder than the other to give the tracks a more unique sound. This scenario works for other stereo sources when you split it left and right and also using dual mode can affect the brilliance or darkness you apply on the EQ.

Stereo - This is when you run your master bus from DAW to it and you want to polish your track with a rounded compression and you want to shelf some frequencies with the EQs.
By dabmeister Wed Mar 09, 2022 6:21 pm
v00d00ppl wrote:For all three scenarios.

Mono- single instruments like synths. You can just turn the input up and saturate your synths with the input transformer. You can also run guitar loops in mono through this and thicken things up.

Dual - processing left and right channels. For example I will set the mixing balance a certain way in superior drummer then I remove the stereo link mode and have my drums hit the compressor unlinked. The compressor favors this for drums and you can make one channel hit compression harder than the other to give the tracks a more unique sound. This scenario works for other stereo sources when you split it left and right and also using dual mode can affect the brilliance or darkness you apply on the EQ.

Stereo - This is when you run your master bus from DAW to it and you want to polish your track with a rounded compression and you want to shelf some frequencies with the EQs.

Nice! :nod:
By Danoc Sat Mar 19, 2022 3:45 pm
HanHuman wrote:
Danoc wrote:Very cool :smoker: set!

Ty Danoc :mrgreen:

No problem
By Trakz Thu Mar 31, 2022 12:53 am
Kcearl wrote:
Trakz wrote:Image

Oh yeah :worthy:

Lol. Thanks. I’ve added way more since then.

Waiting for my console.
By Ultros Thu Mar 31, 2022 6:59 am
Trakz wrote:Image

It's pretty good.. but it could use a 5th rack. (buying audio shit makes you feel good dew it) show em the shoes!
By Christov Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:02 am
Just spend last week viewing all 1046 pages of this topic to get some inspiration. Gotta remodelling of my house coming up and was looking for some ideas to rearrange stuff. Saw some great stuff and really fun to see some equipment you don't see that much these days, old Korg multitrackers, those Yamaha digital mixer, those old M-Audio midikeyboards.

Great forum.
By Ultros Mon Apr 11, 2022 10:34 am
You having a home studio area put in christov? if so i'd sure like to see how that turns out.
By Christov Mon Apr 11, 2022 10:51 am
Nah not that, but I got a... Not sure what the English word is, but lets say a leaky roof. I need to redo my attic. Question is, do me and my girl wanna sleep there, is our daughter gonna sleep there or are we gonna make it a combined guestroom / home studio. I could see the situation changing the next couple of years so I'm trying to configure a setup that would fiy basicly in a open attic space, but also in a 2 x 3.5 meter deep room (smallest room in the house). Saw some ideas that could work very well in this topic, so it was worth it.
By Fre$hBreath Wed Jun 15, 2022 5:40 pm

This is BKLYN Soundlab, my home studio where I live, work, eat, love, sleep, and meditate every day.
By Lampdog Wed Jun 15, 2022 8:51 pm
Fre$hBreath wrote:Image

Need to break out this pic when mofo's start whinin 'bout shit.
By Danoc Thu Jul 14, 2022 3:04 am
Swotched my joint around and lm good now.
By Christov Sun Jul 17, 2022 11:31 am
Since we got a heatwave coming over here there was no way I was gonna sit on the attic, so I decided to move some stuff downstairs for the coming weeks. That new ras kass albumcover proved to be a good practical solution.

By Danoc Mon Jul 18, 2022 5:29 am
Nice set :nod:

Christov wrote:Since we got a heatwave coming over here there was no way I was gonna sit on the attic, so I decided to move some stuff downstairs for the coming weeks. That new ras kass albumcover proved to be a good practical solution.