For discussion about setting up your studio and advice on the gear and equipment within it.

By NewSpeak Sat Nov 02, 2002 12:44 am
Hey. I have Cubase VST32 and few virtual instruments, and a vst software sampler.  It works really well, but I've heard great  things about Halion.  I'm pretty new to producing hip-hop tracks, and I know that the MPC is the industry standard. Can anybody give me feedback about going with a software sampler versus an MPC?

++newspeak

By HoaxOne Sat Nov 02, 2002 9:19 pm
Those two things don't match up. A good software sampler like Halion easily blows the MPC's sampling environment out the water (I can't speak on the 4000 or akai.sys). The real question is if you want to sequence with Cubase or with the MPC. If your ill at arranging stuff in Cubase then you should stay there and master it. I would recommend getting the MPD16 (the midi contoller with the MPC drum pads) and a midi controller keyboard.[/color]

By mpc_DV8 Tue Nov 05, 2002 8:11 pm
the Hardware v Software debate has been going a long time....

Im kinda in the middle on this one.

I use a Pc, its an excellent tool. Limitless in its possibilites. Forever evolving, changing, upgrading and that pi$$es me off...

I also have a mpc4k. I love it, the way it looks, its limitations and loop holes. Its so intuative to use, so simple it never gets inbetween me and tune making.

Like I said, I use both. But one is a tool, the other an instrument. The choice is easy, they can both do anything if you learn how.....[/color]

By D Rocka Tue Nov 12, 2002 1:02 pm
which vst sampler r u using? HAlion, Battery, Kontact....