For discussion about setting up your studio and advice on the gear and equipment within it.
By illsabio Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:56 pm
Hi,

I wanted to start making beats on my MPC1000 and for that i wanna connect my turntable and dj mixer to MPC1000 for sampling.

Then i had the idea of connecting it my computer, so i bought the Soundcraft Signature 12 mixer which had an audio interface on it to connect it to my computer through USB. I then also connected my monitors (jbl lsr305) on the Soundcraft mixer.

I wanted to know if this is the best way of connecting my setup for my purposes, like i said i am just starting. I have the idea that the audio coming out of my boxes is quite low so maybe i am also doing something wrong.

I have included picture of how i have it connected with my devices (except the computer).

Feel free to comment on it.

Thanks!

By terry towelling Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:55 am
Looks all good.
One possible change — run your DJ mixer into the mixing desk and the bus outs or other outs on the mixing desk into the mpc record ins. That way, if you can add say a synth or mic etc to the mixer you can sample into the mpc without having to re cable the record ins on the mpc.