For discussion about setting up your studio and advice on the gear and equipment within it.
By aarb Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:44 am
Hello everybody. This is my first post and a bit of a first use frustration.

I got lucky and stumbled upon the MPC 60 mkII and S950 off the bay for way cheaper than what they're going for these days. I got the 60 first and played around with it and the sound immediately sounded better to my ears than the MPC 2000XL that I was previously using for a while, right off the bat. A week later I got the S950 and I hooked them up together, and after hounding the forums here and everywhere else, I can't seem to get any sound out of the s950, which was weird. I sampled blindly (or deafly?) because I wanted to see if it was just the way the workflow was and the meter on the s950 shows that there is sound coming through on the screen but when I try to hit PB while in EDIT SAMPLE there's no sound. :hmmm:

The setup is the MPC 60mkII running through midi out to the S950 midi in, The sampling for test is going Line input coming through my computer speaker output through an AUX/TRS splitter, and then it's mix out on the back of the S950 to my amp/speakers.

Please help me out I'm like a fiend without crack just scratching off my scalp on this. Thanks guys really.
By Christov Sat May 19, 2018 6:37 am
I'd record as loud as possible without the levels going too loud (you'll see some underlines while recording while you're doing this, can't explain it other since English isn't my first language).

Also, you say that the pb button doesnt work in the edit sample screen. But, after you've recorded your sample and before you go to the edit sample menu, does the pb work then (when the three sample options reappear in your screen)?