For discussion about setting up your studio and advice on the gear and equipment within it.
By craveone Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:02 pm
I'm in the process of purchasing a house. I'm looking at selling some of my equipment that has sat around for a while.. Just asking for advice on how to price them..

I have an MPC 2000 classic, 8 outs, 32 ram. It has a working floppy disc, and would come with an external (scsi) hot swap CF card reader. I would like to at least get $800.00 USD for this. I have an Akai s3200xl, which is the rack mount version of the MPC 3000. Trust me, its the 3000 engine inside of it, and will make your drums sound instant 90's. The screen is dim, still usable but dim.. I have a separate screen that would just need to be soldered in. it has a floppy disc, but does not work. I have a floppy disc which upgrades the OS for it, but again, the floppy doesn't work. And I honestly didn't care since I used a friends zip disc for it. Its also Black. Which is rare, I want to say there were only 6 made in black. I'd like to get $400.00 USD out of this gem. I have some other stuff like a roland 202 with card, and a 404 sx. But not sure I want to part with them..

Anyway, would love some advice on what would be a good price to sell these items at on fleabay. Thanks for checking out this post btw.
By JUKE 179r Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:41 pm
Honestly... no one will ever buy any MPC2000 for $800. I'm just being real with you.
But put them on eBay and see what happens. Good luck!
By marctronixx Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:55 pm
Sell on reverb first. Your fees will be less
Fleabay still have more eyes that can see your products but youre going to pay a lot of fees
Craigslist is the best but its location specific.

Your MPC you will get about 400 or less
The 3200, doesn’t matter what you say or how you describe it—it comes down to supply and demand. There’s no demand for those at the moment so you may get 250? 350? There are a lot of s950s on eBay that are more sought after than the s3200 and they cant be sold at 400. There’s just not a lot of love for the hardware gear at the moment. But just like the stock market. There will be peaks and valleys so you have to decide on being patient or if you need quick money......