For discussion about setting up your studio and advice on the gear and equipment within it.

By Notorious M.P.C Thu Nov 14, 2002 7:01 am
I just got one of these recently at a pawn shop....it has midi ports on it and I was wondering if you can use it as a midi keyboard with the mpc....it doesnt seem to have local off which is weird.....

MPC Tutor-Dont delete my post again, herb....[/color]

By ededj Sun Nov 17, 2002 6:13 am
yea i have a djx it all right it works good with the mpc,there is a local shut off you just have to look for it in the menu,im selling mine cause it's not what i was lookin for, it has good kits on it,but i was lookin for more... check out the off topic section for my listings.....[/color]

By keyzfame Mon Nov 25, 2002 1:40 am
i had a djx but i only had that with a boss dr groove and that was to just learn how to make beats..i got a mpc and motif now. a mpc and a djx just dont mixx. spend a lil more and get something better trust me or else you wont get to where you need t be in this bizz[/color]

By bruknam Tue Nov 26, 2002 9:52 pm
i got a radio shack joint i had the djx and took it back b/c basically all keyboards of that type have the same sounds so the only real difference is $150 or $450 all midi sounds exactly the same piano ,guitar blah blah blah i want to get a triton or one of those type of keyboards but right now i'm good with the shack and diggin' in the crates p.c. or vinyl it's your creativity that really counts at the end of the day 1        http:/artists.mp3s.com/artists/489/bk_barakus.html[/color]

By Kenfen Wed Nov 27, 2002 3:39 pm
MPC and Motif here too. Great combination, and backup samplers between the two. Save up for a pro board and don't get me wrong, I'm not being a gear snot. Use what you have, but you get what you pay for. It's a fact.

I had a partner with the djx in his studio and he loved it. I just thought about sampling it and dumping all the stuff into the mpc....LOL :D[/color]