For discussion about setting up your studio and advice on the gear and equipment within it.
By CharlesRandolph Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:30 am
So SSL Released the SSL SiX. At this price point, there is no way this desktop mixer will stay in stock.

PRICE:

$1499+Tax
€1199 +Tax.
£999 +VAT

VIDEO:

DESCRIPTION:
SiX is a condensed professional console for use in the studio, in post-production, on stage, and for podcasting. SiX offers big console sound and an impressive set of utility features in a format that is small enough to stick in a bag a go wherever you need it. SiX is stunning value; it offers two recording channels with SuperAnalogueTM mic pres, two band EQ, an essential one knob version of the classic SSL Channel Compressor, a new two-band Channel EQ, inserts and 100mm faders. There is a two-knob version of the legendary G-Series Bus Compressor on the main mix bus and the unique Listen Mic Compressor on the Talkback. In mixdown mode it is a very capable twelve channel summing system that offers analogue detail, depth and width to your mixes.

PICTURES

LAYOUT:
https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/sslweb.solidstatelogic.com/content/brochures/SiX+Quickstart+Poster.pdf
By CharlesRandolph Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:44 pm
Cockdiesel wrote:What are your thoughts Charles? I never used anything but cheap mixing boards.

Get one. This is an excellent piece at an excellent price. SSL does not put out unfinished product, the value will go up or hold steady. Everyone from Radio to DJ will be looking to get this.
By Cockdiesel Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:25 pm
word. I mean It has the bus comp on the mains. That has to be 600-700 even for like a 500 series version which might be mono, haven't looked. Was going to replace my mackie sooner or later but was looking into bigger boards. I don't have anywhere permanent to have a nice room set but I was looking into vegas or venice series mixer by midas, but this fits the bill better. Good timing too, I am about to clear out a bunch of gear I haven't been using.
By CharlesRandolph Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:38 am
Cockdiesel wrote:word. I mean It has the bus comp on the mains. That has to be 600-700 even for like a 500 series version which might be mono, haven't looked. Was going to replace my mackie sooner or later but was looking into bigger boards. I don't have anywhere permanent to have a nice room set but I was looking into vegas or venice series mixer by midas, but this fits the bill better. Good timing too, I am about to clear out a bunch of gear I haven't been using.

The Venice series mixer offer more I/O, the only issue is they are discontiuned and no longer supported by MIDAS. I've used them in some live settings. Mackie mixer is a good entry level mixer, however the noise floor is horrible.

The SSL Six will serve as another microphone pre. As well as summing mixer when tracking to 2 inch master tape.