For discussion about setting up your studio and advice on the gear and equipment within it.
ByBoo-dogg Mon Mar 10, 2003 9:16 pm
Is it possible to record my 16 tracks from my mpc to individual tracks in edit pro 2 music software so i maipulate each sound individually. Anybody have info on recording tracks from MPC into Computer software. thanks boo

By brainwashcloth Mon Mar 10, 2003 9:26 pm
i didnt really get what software you are using, but with something that supports mtc for sync and mmc you can record each track solo'd into their own tracks on the computer (16tracks would take 16takes). with it synced up they will all line up correctly. what software are you using?

ByBoo-dogg Mon Mar 10, 2003 10:23 pm
yo, thanks brainwashcloth I am using Edit pro 2

By brainwashcloth Mon Mar 10, 2003 10:52 pm
assuming you mean cool edit pro2,
it looks like it supports mtc, you would have to see in the help file if it mentions mmc. basically set cool edit pro up as your midi master using mtc 30fps
and the mpc to receive mtc (shift 9 i think) and receive mmc.
then when you hit play on the mpc it will wait til you hit play or rec/play in cool edit. from there just solo each track on the mpc and use this setup to record each mpc track to its own track in cool edit and mix and add fx from there.

ByBoo-dogg Tue Mar 11, 2003 7:28 am
cool, thanx I was wondering how many tracks does cool edit have, and how do i access the other tracks, because on the screen it shows only 4 tracks, thanx again dude

By BreakMyFever Tue Mar 11, 2003 7:54 am
Cool Edit Pro 2 has 128 tracks, and supports SMPTE and MTC. If you can only see 4 tracks, that means that you have to scroll down with your mouse to see the others.

ByBoo-dogg Tue Mar 11, 2003 5:46 pm
Thanx Brian you were a great deal of help, I appreciate it, peace