For discussion about setting up your studio and advice on the gear and equipment within it.
By Monotremata Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:33 pm
Rockin. Sold my old Nord Micro Modular and Waldorf MicroQ I hadn't touched in ages a couple weeks ago. Almost gave in and bought an MPC but Im still on the fence as to which one so I did TWO even better hehe...
Scored an E5000 Ultra with 64MB and an 80GB hard drive for under $300 on Reverb, and just a few days later found the Soundcraft LX7 on Craigslist here for $200!!! The thing is in awesome shape. Holy shit the E5000 filters and the mid sweeps in the Soundcraft OMG!!! At least now Im ready when the 'real' MPC does come along. The mixer would've been the last step to going computer free again but now its here first.
By puffa Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:05 pm
Nice deal on the mixer! Always wanted a go on a Microwave how you find it? What you using to sequence atm as well?
By Monotremata Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:27 am
Either Logic or the MPC Studio/Software until I can afford the hardware one, mainly the MPC nowadays. The Microwaves pretty cool had it for almost 20 years now, I think Im the second owner. Might be my favorite synth ever, and is why I will never sell it. Its one of the early ones with the rubber paint and the funky knobs that melt and crumble off (the master volume so far was the first to go heh). I have a Blofeld and just got rid of a MicroQ but nothing can replace it. Even the exact same patches on the Blofeld don't sound the same, it has a rad 'warm' digital-ness to it that the razor sharp Blofeld doesn't. Its a weird glitchy digital machine but it sounds very 'old school' compared to the later Waldorfs. Theyre crazy in prices now. I bought mine when they were only like 2 or 3 years on the market. I traded a guy a rack mount PC I built (with a Celeron 667 cpu even) straight across for it. Now I can sell the thing for at least double what I could've bought one for back then. Sucks cause it means Ill never own one of the black Shadow versions now. Those things were ridiculously priced even in 2001.
By Cockdiesel Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:28 am
Cool set-up.
I’ve been rocking the live standalone with some racks like that for like 2.5 years...

I’d say do yourself a favor a cop a used live sooner than later it’s summer they are the cheapest. If you’re familiar with the software than standalone with some dope outboard will be like heaven. I’d run that mixer right into the live. Hell just the blofeld and the live would be a great writing system and a lot of fun.
Props bro.