For discussion about setting up your studio and advice on the gear and equipment within it.
By huh? Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:20 am
What did you guys do to your old gear that was replaced by something new? Mainly the sentimental gear(s). The ones that you held onto the longest and gave you the most joy of using. Did you end up keeping it and putting it away in storage? Sell it? Add it on to your new setup?
By Lampdog Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:49 am
Recently sold triton extreme to a friend who has never had a workstation before.
Only had a stage piano. He is hyped as phuck and LOVES the triton extreme. I am glad tri ex found a good home.
By huh? Sat Oct 05, 2019 12:19 pm
Lampdog wrote:Recently sold triton extreme to a friend who has never had a workstation before.
Only had a stage piano. He is hyped as phuck and LOVES the triton extreme. I am glad tri ex found a good home.

Was it hard for you to let go of your Triton Extreme?
By peterpiper Sat Oct 05, 2019 2:15 pm
I'll probably sell some of my stuff next few months (s900,TX16W) because I really don't use it anymore but on the other hand I still got my Atari MegaST with Cubase 3 sitting in a box in the cellar and I won't sell it. I wait for the day when I got enough space to set it up a corner and use it for fun when I'm in the mood to do. I never liked the Atari mouse so I replaced it with a transparent trackball with LEDs. It really was fun to use that.

peace
Last edited by peterpiper on Sat Oct 05, 2019 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Lampdog Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:40 pm
huh? wrote:Was it hard for you to let go of your Triton Extreme?

Yep. I kept holding out for years. I took the leap.

ASR10 might be next. It hasn’t seen daylight in maybe 1yr+. I learned the ins and outs of sampling on it. DAMN good memories of when I lived in Yokosuka with it and visited the Ensoniq repair shop (1996) to copy sounds every week.

ASR10 is where I learn to have style, a signature.
By mr_debauch Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:57 pm
that trackball is so dope... i bet it HAS to be better than the stock atari mouse. I have to put up with that on the 1040STE when ever i pull it out of storage. Sometimes I wonder should i let stuff go but I have not felt the pressing need to yet. I don't know if some gear will ever get used again since my schedule in recent years has completely been filled with other stuff... but maybe one day i will decide to fiddle around with it.
By huh? Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:20 am
Lampdog wrote:
huh? wrote:Was it hard for you to let go of your Triton Extreme?

Yep. I kept holding out for years. I took the leap.

ASR10 might be next. It hasn’t seen daylight in maybe 1yr+. I learned the ins and outs of sampling on it. DAMN good memories of when I lived in Yokosuka with it and visited the Ensoniq repair shop (1996) to copy sounds every week.

ASR10 is where I learn to have style, a signature.

I’ve been thinking like this for quite sometime now. I have a damn near mint Akai MPC3000 (original beige color) that’s been sitting in storage in its original box for almost 9 years
By JUKE 179r Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:30 am
I’ve got a bunch of gear sitting and collecting dust. I really need to sell it but hate putting in all on eBay.
By Lampdog Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:14 pm
huh? wrote:I have a damn near mint Akai MPC3000 (original beige color) that’s been sitting in storage in its original box for almost 9 years

$3k easy if you ever sell it on ebay.

That is a gem.
By CharlesRandolph Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:17 pm
dryad-66 wrote:Are they underfunded?

Depends on the music program and the Junior College. But funds and gear can take a longer time to come by on the education side. Lots of red tape in that world. So if you have good gear, donation to the school go along way. :nod:
By JUKE 179r Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:43 am
I didn't think about donating music gear to a school. Sounds like a good idea. I've donated my older music magazines collection (Music Tech, Future Music, Computer Music, Sound on Sound) to a high school library department.

Lampdog wrote:
huh? wrote:I have a damn near mint Akai MPC3000 (original beige color) that’s been sitting in storage in its original box for almost 9 years

$3k easy if you ever sell it on ebay.

That is a gem.

or you can sell it to me for $1500. :smoker:
By Monotremata Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:19 pm
Damn I never thought about that. I have an older pre-crappy era Behringer Eurodesk just sitting here taking up space now that I have the Soundcraft. That thing will just sit here for months if I sell it on Craigslist, I bet theres a school around here that could use it. Shit maybe Ill drive over to my old high school down the road and see haha.