For discussion about setting up your studio and advice on the gear and equipment within it.
By Monotremata Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:12 pm
CharlesRandolph wrote:Software DAW work very well. If the person using it, streamlines their system. I've built a computer just for Virtual and Sampled Instruments. Less is more, but I draw the line at those pocket toy devices. :lol:

HAH yeah I just spent yesterday reinstalling my Mac from the ground up. Figured since its now EOL and we got our last OS update, might as well start over and use the time to get rid of all the crap I don't use anymore. I almost didn't even install Komplete but finally gave in and put Absynth and Kontakt at least back on it in case I open up an old tune any time soon. I think I cut my plugin folder down to a third and just kept the stuff I really use on every project, even got rid of about 15gb of samples in my library Ive never even looked at after I bought them and split them up heh. That MPC got me thinking in a more cut down and streamlined manner nowadays, I really like being efficient and productive again hah.
By mr_debauch Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:48 pm
CharlesRandolph wrote:
Cheaper than 1 year at Yale, Harvard, Stanford, USC, or UCLA. You have to ask yourself, what how much are you willing to invest in yourself and your music. I know crate digga who spent easily, $100,000K on records.

this isn't something you buy to prove you're serious... or that you are all in. this is something you buy out of necessity to running your business.
By CharlesRandolph Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:26 pm
mr_debauch wrote:this isn't something you buy to prove you're serious... or that you are all in. this is something you buy out of necessity to running your business.

It's like I said. You have to ask yourself how much are, you willing to invest in yourself and your music? As far as seriousness goes, it's up too you. How many hours does a person spend making a music a day? If it's less than 4 hour a day, then chances are they don't need it. But if you're putting in 12 hour day, you need quality tools that will hold up to that wear and tear.

Monotremata wrote:
HAH yeah I just spent yesterday reinstalling my Mac from the ground up. Figured since its now EOL and we got our last OS update, might as well start over and use the time to get rid of all the **** I don't use anymore. I almost didn't even install Komplete but finally gave in and put Absynth and Kontakt at least back on it in case I open up an old tune any time soon.

I think I cut my plugin folder down to a third and just kept the stuff I really use on every project, even got rid of about 15gb of samples in my library Ive never even looked at after I bought them and split them up heh. That MPC got me thinking in a more cut down and streamlined manner nowadays, I really like being efficient and productive again hah.

That's the way to do for EOL computers/software. Only install what we, actually use and we'll find our-self actually making music vs collecting gear/sounds. Have you added up the cost of all the effects plug in and virtual instruments you have, but never use?