For discussion about setting up your studio and advice on the gear and equipment within it.
By JUKE 179r Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:55 am
InMusic = AKAI = Denon = Marantz = Alesis = M Audio = Rane = Numark

Any Numark product should work with the XL but...Which specific Numark product are you talking about? DJ mixer? Turntable? CD/Media player? Controllers? Microphones? Headphones?
By Scrawny Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:00 pm
JUKE 179r wrote:InMusic = AKAI = Denon = Marantz = Alesis = M Audio = Rane = Numark

Any Numark product should work with the XL but...Which specific Numark product are you talking about? DJ mixer? Turntable? CD/Media player? Controllers? Microphones? Headphones?

Sorry I thought I was clear. I meant the classic combo of a Numark mixer being run into the 2000.
By Scrawny Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:08 pm
peterpiper wrote::?:
I've heard about the classic SP1200 and s950 combo or but never heard about a classic Numark / MPC2000 combo.
Where you got that ifo from??
:hmmm:

peace

Not sure. A lot of people with minimal gear seem to use a standard Numark mixer into a 2000 or 2000xl. Also seems to be a relatively cheap and reliable starter set-up to opt for.
By JUKE 179r Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:59 am
Any Dj mixer will work with an MPC.
Hell... I had my old Radio Shack/Realistic mixer hooked up to my XL. Worked fine.
By joeyparedes15 Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:25 am
JUKE 179r wrote:Any Dj mixer will work with an MPC.
Hell... I had my old Radio Shack/Realistic mixer hooked up to my XL. Worked fine.

hey juke i posted something 2 days ago about a question i had. are you able to see if you could answer that for me? i've been stuck for a minute but its most likely a simple fix! :worthy:
By JVC Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:15 pm
mr_debauch wrote:a numark mixer into a 2000 i suspect has always been situational... not deliberate

Agreed!
I still have the Numark DJ mixer shown above (in the first pic, with super big face-plate, I actually trimmed the sides to make it smaller. I posted the pics (among with the restoring process) on this forums long ago.)
It was a nice DJ mixer that time (GLi mixer was also very popular. Gemini was also popular, but it was pretty crappy), but I find it too noisy. (I really like my RANE mixer for its clean sound.) It also has pretty messy internal circuit; a lot of jumper wires in the mixer. That multi-band EQ was fun! Again, that EQ is noisy too.
Oh, I loved the LED VU meter, it was the best feature of the mixer (if you ask me), it's big & bright, LOL!
By peterpiper Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:10 pm
JVC wrote:
mr_debauch wrote:a numark mixer into a 2000 i suspect has always been situational... not deliberate

Agreed!
I still have the Numark DJ mixer shown above (in the first pic, with super big face-plate, I actually trimmed the sides to make it smaller. I posted the pics (among with the restoring process) on this forums long ago.)
It was a nice DJ mixer that time (GLi mixer was also very popular. Gemini was also popular, but it was pretty crappy), but I find it too noisy. (I really like my RANE mixer for its clean sound.) It also has pretty messy internal circuit; a lot of jumper wires in the mixer. That multi-band EQ was fun! Again, that EQ is noisy too.
Oh, I loved the LED VU meter, it was the best feature of the mixer (if you ask me), it's big & bright, LOL!

It was good enough for Premo (guess there is not that much difference between the 1650 and the 1800). Ok good enough in those days :)
Never had one of the Numark mixers but a cheap 19" DJ mixer of a brand I can't remeber but pretty similar to this one

had to put a piece of paper into the phono/line switch to be able to transform faster :)

peace
By Lampdog Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:06 pm
JUKE 179r wrote:Hell... I had my old Radio Shack/Realistic mixer hooked up to my XL. Worked fine.

BUT, back in mid eighties (in my area) you weren't a dj if you didn't have these.

By Scrawny Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:36 pm
Lampdog wrote:
JUKE 179r wrote:Hell... I had my old Radio Shack/Realistic mixer hooked up to my XL. Worked fine.

BUT, back in mid eighties (in my area) you weren't a dj if you didn't have these.

That's really interesting. I looked these up. Is it like an FX pedal or something? How could I integrate it into my set-up of an MPC2000 and a mixer?
By Lampdog Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:44 pm
Nah, these are not pedals, lol.

They are old oLD OLD and mono.
Better to actually get a pedal or fx unit, lol.
By peterpiper Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:47 pm
Scrawny wrote:

That's really interesting. I looked these up. Is it like an FX pedal or something? How could I integrate it into my set-up of an MPC2000 and a mixer?

You don't even know what these boxes are and want to integrate in your setup? :hmmm:

The better way IMO is to use the stuff you already have. Take advantage of it. If you're there you'll know which route to go next.

peace