For discussion about setting up your studio and advice on the gear and equipment within it.
By Silly Cybin Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:13 pm
Ok hi all , had it Upto my neck with my pc currently , wondered how compatible the virus is with the MPC one or live

Thanks in advance

Silly Cybin wrote:How’s Virus multi compatibility with either the One or Live
By Hideous mutant Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:52 am
I have TI2 and it works great in standalone mode. One thing to note, is that you need to understand how to "optimize" your patches when using it multitimbrally. Using complex patches you might only get 4 different tracks playing before the polyphony limit starts to drop notes.

More info here https://www.virus.info/forum/index.php? ... 0#post4030
And if you're going to use it hooked up to computer via USB, be prepared for a highly irritating experience.
Another option could be Waldorf Kyra.
By Fanu Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:09 pm
At the very least you can control a lot of the Virus parameters by midi CC, which the MPC can send.
By NearTao Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:00 pm
Got the TI2 here as well... it isn't too hard to setup, just make sure you spend some time understanding local control, if you want omni/global note responses, and how you want to route audio around.

There are a few fun things you can do with routing output from the MPC to the input of the Virus, so you can effectively extend your FX options a bit more as well...
By Silly Cybin Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:35 am
my bad I only just see this post wasn’t aware that it was moved....

Interesting .... if there’s one thing I would miss if it was solely an MPC , and that’s the ability to draw your Arp patterns like you can with VC , that yano - also modulates things like filter cutoff , patch volume etc
By Silly Cybin Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:37 am
Then again the work around that would be to create Arp modded patches in the box , then bring over to the MPC

As to answer some of the posts , “be prepared for bad experience with usb” since the making of this post , I have finally resolved some problems that would bug the interface , but I would still like a more out of the box approach to things also , regardless...

then again , integration with both pc and MPC would be ideal , whilst incorporating some modular, so the whole thing syncs nicely - gravitating toward psychedelic techno

As for multi mode I would also like to record Virus and sample into the MPC and build upon layers that way , unlike the Octatrack, whats it like for time stretching sampling in general, can you record a number of multimbr sounds/tracks for example into the MPC and all that sort of stuff

So it’s genuinely a smooth experience then ? , I mean I was eventually thinking of either MPC One or the Live...