For discussion about setting up your studio and advice on the gear and equipment within it.

By koti Wed Nov 27, 2002 2:41 pm
ok i need midi kick drum pedal. to play the kicks with my foot.
so i've been searching for this for crazy amount of days and hours
but dont find it so if anyone ever seen this simple thing please
tell it to me. thanks

By Kenfen Wed Nov 27, 2002 4:00 pm
You've tried DrumKat? don't know if they are still kickin" (duh) but I think they had just the kick pedal. I've seen them, but not just the kick, always in a set like the V Drums....[/color]

By koti Wed Nov 27, 2002 5:32 pm
yep i checkd it but no help.. it was about $1000 for the set with midi but the kick pedals they sell was just triggers.. so i would need a converterbox wich is not so cheap either...
but thank you anyway

By dino Sun Dec 01, 2002 3:13 pm
I the cheapest way I have found of getting a kick pedal to work with the mpc (2000xl) is use a MIDI trigger brain, i've got a Roland SPD20 this has external trigger inputs, Kick, Snare, Hi hat, and another one I think! U could then go and buy a expensive roland or such make midi kick pedal or make one, get a drum pedal and make kick plate of some kind (for the hammer to hit)buy a pezio microphone thing (about the size of a coin with cables coming of it pos/neg) for about 38p UK from a electronics shop and tape it to the back of the kick plate. U will have to experiment with trigger sensivity settings on the drum brain, ideal for a cheap simple trigger!  ???[/color]