For discussion about setting up your studio and advice on the gear and equipment within it.
By morph860 Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:22 am
Looking to pick up a USB-C Audio Interface. I'd be using it with a Mac. Would like it to have at least 2 sets of inputs and 4 sets of outputs. Here are a few that I've had my eyes on:

Behringer U-Phoria (4x4)
FocusRite 4i4 (4x4)
M-Audio AIR (2x4)
MOTO M4 (4x4)
PreSonus 26c (2x4)
Steinberg UR24c (2x4 - not out yet but might consider the UR44c as well)

All are pretty much in the same price range except for the UR44c. Any other I'm missing that I should look at? Anyone have experience with one or more of these interfaces? I'm leaning towards the FocusRite or MOTU at the moment. I'd mainly be using it for production so the mic pre-amps aren't a very important factor right now.

Thanks.
By NearTao Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:45 pm
I can't speak directly to the MOTO M4, but I've always liked their products.

Only thing I might suggest is to see how they manage DC offsets, so of those might let you do input/outputs that are compatible with Eurorack or other CV signals that you cannot manage with traditional audio gear. Given what you are looking for now I doubt it is a deal breaker, but having it does let you do things like control guitar expression, eurorack, semi-modular, etc... in ways that you just cannot do with Midi.

Good luck hunting man!
By morph860 Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:50 pm
NearTao wrote:I can't speak directly to the MOTO M4, but I've always liked their products.

Only thing I might suggest is to see how they manage DC offsets, so of those might let you do input/outputs that are compatible with Eurorack or other CV signals that you cannot manage with traditional audio gear. Given what you are looking for now I doubt it is a deal breaker, but having it does let you do things like control guitar expression, eurorack, semi-modular, etc... in ways that you just cannot do with Midi.

Good luck hunting man!

Thanks. I had a MOTU 828 back in the day and was happy with it. I'll look into what you mentioned as well.
By morph860 Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:55 pm
The MOTU M4 is out of stock everywhere so I decided to go with the UR44c. I've always been a fan of Cubase, so we'll see how it goes.
By morph860 Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:28 pm
Of course. As soon as the Steinberg arrives, I get notifications that the M4 is back in stock. :WTF: