For discussion about setting up your studio and advice on the gear and equipment within it.
By muzikalgeeneeyus Sat Mar 07, 2020 1:08 pm
Hi,

I will try and keep it short.

Past few weeks my DPS has stopped working. It started with it not booting up until after a few tries, when it did start up it would then crash/freeze when being operated. Now it seems to hang on booting up not being able to find the drives or not initialising the panel etc.

What I've tried:

Loading various OSs(currently on OS 2.00)
Tried starting it with the HD disconnected(would just hand on searching for drives)
Formatting the HD(both full and quick format, problem continues)
Various boots from service manual(no go)
resetting/initialising the mixer etc(makes no difference)
Tried another HD(problem not solved)

I'm obviously very upset and have now given up hope, it is currently on eBay for sale as parts. If any of you guys can help me get it working again and save me the time and expense in getting another one, it would be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your time to all who advise
By CharlesRandolph Sat Mar 07, 2020 2:26 pm
muzikalgeeneeyus wrote:Hi,

Past few weeks my DPS has stopped working. It started with it not booting up until after a few tries, when it did start up it would then crash/freeze when being operated. Now it seems to hang on booting up not being able to find the drives or not initialising the panel etc.

What I've tried:

Tried starting it with the HD disconnected(would just hand on searching for drives)

I'm obviously very upset and have now given up hope, it is currently on eBay for sale as parts. If any of you guys can help me get it working again and save me the time and expense in getting another one, it would be most appreciated.

Sorry to hear that, I parted out my DPS 24 last year for similar issues. As much as I loved using it for Side Cart Mixer and pretty nice standby front end. I had to let it go, because it just wasn't worth the repair cost. I had the Original DPS 24. Which one do you have?
By muzikalgeeneeyus Sat Mar 07, 2020 6:35 pm
CharlesRandolph wrote:
muzikalgeeneeyus wrote:Hi,

What I've tried:

Sorry to hear that, I parted out my DPS 24 last year for similar issues. As much as I loved using it for Side Cart Mixer and pretty nice standby front end. I had to let it go, because it just wasn't worth the repair cost. I had the Original DPS 24. Which one do you have?

Hi Charles,

Sorry about your DPS24 too.

Yeah I have the MKI version too, I will try and replace it if I can't get it working again.