For discussion about setting up your studio and advice on the gear and equipment within it.
By Freddsk1 Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:54 am
Yo.

I need some serious help with setting up my stuff. Right now like its real headache working, because I need to switch everything around if I wanna change sources. I would really like if I could do everything from the mixer which have several source selections and USB connection.

I'm not really good with sound tech and stuff, I was on my local musician shop, but I think they gave me wrong advises and I have lots of cables I don't think I even need. And I'm struggling to setup like I want it.

My gear:

MPC 5000
Denon x600
Technics sl1210
Fluid F5 studio speakers
PC Windows 10 with Audacity
2x XLR-jack to plug 6,3 mm
3x RCA cables

1: I need to receive audio from vinyl into the MPC though the mixer
2: I need to send and receive audio from PC into the MPC , first with USB and then RCA
3: I want to do 1 and 2 and have the mixer as master audio out.
4: I want to send MPC, vinyl and PC audio from mixer to speaker.

Problems I'm having right now:
I can't hear vinyl on the MPC though the mixer.
I can't hear PC audio from the mixer.

Is this possible? I have the mixer diver already installed on PC and setup for Windows OS on the mixer.
I just need to know what type of cables goes where to do point 1-4.

I will upload a picture of what I've have in mind here.

And another one for you so you can draw for me where the cables go if you don't mind.

Please help! Thanks!
By NearTao Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:11 pm
A DJ mixer is similar, but not the same thing as a multi-track mixer.

I think what you want is probably a multi-track mixer that has at least two stereo aux sends to do what you want.
By Freddsk1 Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:48 am
I got it working! Im so happy right now!

I hooked the PC into Channel 1 and Technics on Channel 2. Then I hooked the MPC into AUX 1 and the speakers to booth.

It's little scary tho, if I have the knob turned on the AUX 1 and turn on the knob on Channel 1, it gets a really loud feedback, which was hurting my ears. But I'm just happy it works.