For discussion about setting up your studio and advice on the gear and equipment within it.
Byhotcaramelo Fri Mar 14, 2003 8:20 am
what are some of the best out there from 16 tracks and up?what are my options?, which are best to use with the mpc? for the price which ones do you guys think are the best deal?
By J Smacks Fri Mar 14, 2003 8:58 pm
If you asked that question five years ago, it would of been adats. Even then the real professionals were still using reel to reel.

Also around that time I think Pro tools was starting to take over. I think what a studio needs is compatibility with the standard and in studios Pro tools are becoming the standard.

So I think you should invest in a digi 002. I hear it sounds great and have a mixing board which should give you some analog like control with your mixes. Even then you can load it up on a big HD system for better mixing or what not.

A digi 001 is even a good choice esp for price. You need a pretty decent computer for both systems though. Macs are preferrable.

They also have standalone hard disk recorders like the vs 2480's. I think they're more designed for someone who moves around alot and don't need all the mixing capabilities of a pro tools system.

Other people have different opinions but I can tell you this, things will eventually change especially now we are sh-- deep in the computer age. In the next ten years expect a lot of new stuff entering the market that will become tomorrows standard.