For discussion about setting up your studio and advice on the gear and equipment within it.

By jyoungb Tue Dec 03, 2002 11:03 pm
Pulsar II Music Production System with SCOPE SRB DSP expansion card, 8 Analog I/O, 8in_8out ADAT optical, SPDIF I/O with base software package version 3.1

check it out:
http://www.creamware.de/en/Products/SFP/Pulsar/default.asp

Pulsar II is an utterly flexible DSP system that supports you in all phases of music production. You decide for yourself how to use Pulsar: as a recording I/O card, a digital mixer, an effects rack, a synthesizer collection, a studio sampler, a routing patch bay... and all of that in any desired combination.

Plus:

SCOPE SRB - Sonic Rocket Booster
DSP expansion board  

With a SCOPE SRB you add the unbelievable power of fifteen (!) high-performance DSPs to your system. Thanks to the advanced S/TDM bus, the transfer of audio signals between stacked DSP cards does not rely upon the PCI bus. The addition of an SRB thus produces the same increase in overall system performance as would occur if the primary card itself suddenly had the same number of additional DSPs!

I paid over $3,500.00 for this setup, it works amazing in even a mediocre PC. I'm moving to a more "live" friendly rig. Please write with questions. Will also consider a trade for an Akai MPC4000.

Thanks

James