For discussion about setting up your studio and advice on the gear and equipment within it.
By Senju47 Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:52 am
Hey there! I need a bit of advice to help me choose a mixer as well as how to set up some gear..

I just purchased a fully upgraded Akai S950 to use with my MPC 2500 and External FX unit.

I would like to know how to set up all of this gear and would also appreciate some mixer recommendations.

I want to be able to sample vinyl to the S950 and MPC but first have it run through the Mixer so I can EQ it etc. I will also be using the effects unit to further flip and mix samples and I am confused on the signal flow I will need to be able to do this .

I was thinking it would go Turntable>Dj mixer>desk mixer> S950>Mpc and have the FX unit set up on the sends and returns channel and then the out puts of the mixer going into my Scarlett interface>Ableton.

Should also mention that I will be using my MPC to trigger samples in the S950 And I would be plugging the 8 assignable outputs from the MPC to the desk mixer for eq on the way out as well.

Hope that made enough sense and thanks in advance for any help.