For discussion about setting up your studio and advice on the gear and equipment within it.
By Ganja Base Mon Mar 17, 2003 2:08 am
:? ? I want to record my Cubase VST Instruments into the MPC 's sequencer,
I can record 1 track , but when i change instruments in Cubase to record another track, the sound in the MPC changes to the currently selected track in Cubase, I want to record Track 1, then change instruments on another track and record this and Hear the first Instrument Playing the rught sound. :(

By -{n8}- Mon Mar 17, 2003 2:41 am
Cat, you'll have to assign the different instruments to different MIDI channels.

Each channel should correspond with eachother on both your mpc and your computer (cubase). Of course you'll have to open up multiple instruments and it might do a number on your cpu but hey!!... isn't soft syth the sh*t? :wink:

On the mpc look beside the "S:" and change that from "DRUM1-4" to "MIDI" then beside that change the device number (device number is midi channel). On the computer in the parameters of the MIDI channel change the channels number (you can select ALL in addition to 1-32) and don't forget to select the MIDI input device as well as the outputing VST instrument.

You've gotten this far so I'll spare you the details ;P

Good luck,

1-0ne

By Ganja Base Mon Mar 17, 2003 3:48 am
I can switch sounds within Cubase's Track, and I have the MIDI in the MPC like you said, but when i switch the Track in Cubase the MPC plays the new sound, i want to keep the first track's Sound playing that was recorded to it , with track one, and record track to , to TRACK 2 an then have them both play the two VST instruments back :idea:

By -{n8}- Mon Mar 17, 2003 3:55 am
-{n8}- wrote: Of course you'll have to open up multiple instruments and it might do a number on your cpu but hey!!... isn't soft syth the sh*t? :wink:

You catch that fly ball?

1-One

By elmacaco Mon Mar 17, 2003 4:29 am
YOU MUST CHANGE THE MIDI CHANNEL THE MPC IS TRANSMITTING!
record the midi seq in the mpc and send it to the channel with the vst you want. then change tracks in the mpc, assign a new vst to the new midi track number to match, and you're golden.
Read the above posts again, slowly.
By Ganja Base Mon Mar 17, 2003 11:13 pm
:wink: Thanx's For the reply's fella' s
I Have my Midi #'s Matching and I can hear the 2 different Instr.'s on Cubase.
OK Look,Track 1- Midi out 1A on the MPC (PPG Wave Bass),Track 2- Midi out 2A (Attack) Track 3- Drum - (My Drums), On Cubase the same Tracks with matching Midi Out number's ,, NOW when I change tracks in Cubase to hear the next Instrument, The first Instrument sound stops and the new Instr. Sound plays out the MPC Sequencer. from track one. What I want is to change tracks in Cubase and keep the First sounds playing on the MPC :)