For discussion about setting up your studio and advice on the gear and equipment within it.
By shawncurtin Sat Aug 22, 2020 1:00 pm
Hello,

Can anyone recommend a good audio interface to use with the MPC 2000XL that has the 8 output expansion? I don’t need to record vocals or live instruments, I just want to record the sounds coming out of the MPC 2000XL into Logic Pro. I’ve considered the Focusrite 18i20 because it has 8 inputs, but I also see a lot of MPC 2000XL users using the Universal Audio Apollo Twin.
By CharlesRandolph Sat Aug 22, 2020 4:10 pm
Those tascam model 12, 16, 24 aren't bad. They're only 24/48 and doesn't having any MIDI connection. However, if you're just tracking music from MPC 2000XL which is 16/44.1 anyway. You could route 10 out at once into your DAW or on the SD TASCAM's SD card.

By Peccary Sun Aug 23, 2020 5:22 pm
CharlesRandolph wrote:Those tascam model 12, 16, 24 aren't bad. They're only 24/48 and doesn't having any MIDI connection. However, if you're just tracking music from MPC 2000XL which is 16/44.1 anyway. You could route 10 out at once into your DAW or on the SD TASCAM's SD card.

The model 12 has midi in/out and can be used as a master clock I believe. I think it's the only one, though (don't think the larger ones have it).

https://tascam.com/us/product/model_12/feature
By CharlesRandolph Sun Aug 23, 2020 6:36 pm
Peccary wrote:The model 12 has midi in/out and can be used as a master clock I believe. I think it's the only one, though (don't think the larger ones have it).

You're right the 12 does have midi in and out, which is a great thing! I wonder why they elected to leave it off the 16 and 24. It doesn't have word clock so it can't function as a Master Clock. But for 600 dollars it's hard to beat.

This may be ideal for your MPC 2000XL setup. :nod:

By Peccary Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:29 pm
CharlesRandolph wrote:
Peccary wrote:The model 12 has midi in/out and can be used as a master clock I believe. I think it's the only one, though (don't think the larger ones have it).

You're right the 12 does have midi in and out, which is a great thing! I wonder why they elected to leave it off the 16 and 24. It doesn't have word clock so it can't function as a Master Clock. But for 600 dollars it's hard to beat.

This may be ideal for your MPC 2000XL setup. :nod:

Yeah, they are super cool. Found them when looking at mixers before getting the One. I ended up with the A&H iZed10fx, but if I were further along with being able to actually use what I have to it's potential that Model 12 would be on my desk instead. Maybe one of these days when I can justify it, but it'll be a while.

Good to know about it not acting as a master, but with an MPC I'd guess it wouldn't be needed anyways.
By CharlesRandolph Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:06 pm
The sound craft is a very good options. I still lean towards the Tascam because of the multi track function in standalone.
By Christov Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:39 am
I got a m-audio m-track eight, which works really good. Only downside is it doenst have midi, but I bought a USB midi cable thingy to sort that out.