For discussion about setting up your studio and advice on the gear and equipment within it.
Byvintagechimp Fri Mar 21, 2003 2:53 am
Hi All

First time post, so sorry if I'm asking an obvious question here.

I've had my MPC2Kxl for a couple of years now and have taken out to plenty of gigs, usually dumping my sequences across from Cubase to the MPC by exporting the MIDI files within Cubase.

Now I may be missing something plainly obvious here, and I've never really looked at it in any great depth, but whenever I export a MIDI sequence from Cubase, it always dumps a couple of extra bars before the actual sequence.

Has anyone any ideas why? It's probably something plainly obvious, but because it's easy enough to simply cut them out I've never really explored it in any great depth.

Any advice much appreciated.

BTW, I usually export one track at a time for maximum tweakability and never an entire sequence.

By brainwashcloth Fri Mar 21, 2003 2:21 pm
i would say it has something to do with the preroll, or the song area. in nuendo i have to define the exact song area i want to export or mixdown.

By mpc3000 Mon Mar 24, 2003 2:48 pm
"I usually export one track at a time for maximum tweakability and never an entire sequence"

Why? Just export as SMF type 1 and each track will be in it's own track.

Save some time.