For discussion about setting up your studio and advice on the gear and equipment within it.
By Ofsky Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:06 pm
Hello Everyone!

I am trying to route my MPC Live II through the ADAT channels on the UAD Console software. My interface is an Apollo 8 and I am using Reaper as my DAW. (Disclaimer: I like using reaper as I have been using it for some time and I am not a big fan of Luna.) However, I like running everything through console.

I would ideally like to route different drum pads on the MPC to different ADAT channels in order to emulate a drum mic scenario. If anyone has any tips on how I might be able to achieve this, that would awesome!

By Ofsky Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:07 pm
I am attempting to do this either through the MPC Software or through my DAW, being Reaper. Whichever yields the most condusive results.
By Ofsky Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:40 pm
I’m very new to ADAT, but on the Console it shows ADAT channels. I was hoping to be able to connect to ADAT inside of the computer somehow to get some extra channels. My ultimate hope, again, would be to assign individual pads to separate ADAT or virtual channels.
By Danoc Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:59 pm
The only way bro to come out of your DAW into Adat litepipe you would need a converter of sorts. Its some work you need to do. Coming from your PC from a pcie that has litepipe going directly into the Adat Litepipe (which only does 8 tracks at a time) is one option. Whether a PC or Mac you need that. Or get a converter externally and go out stereo from the Live with TRS cables into the converter box, out that box Adat litepipe into the Adat litepipe connectors.

Are you sure yo wanna go down this road?
By Danoc Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:42 am
bees80 wrote:why not just explode tracks on the mp and import them as audiofiles all into reaper.

:worthy: Yeap. That's what l did when l had the MPC live.

I would make the drums in the MPC , explode the tracks then export out to my usb stick. Pop that into my main computer into Reason or S1V4 and start making music.
By CharlesRandolph Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:13 am
Ofsky wrote:Hello Everyone!

I am trying to route my MPC Live II through the ADAT channels on the UAD Console software. My interface is an Apollo 8 and I am using Reaper as my DAW. (Disclaimer: I like using reaper as I have been using it for some time and I am not a big fan of Luna.) However, I like running everything through console.

I would ideally like to route different drum pads on the MPC to different ADAT channels in order to emulate a drum mic scenario. If anyone has any tips on how I might be able to achieve this, that would awesome!

You can get a Behringer ADA8200 and send 6 out of the MPC LIVE into Behringer ADA8200. From the Behringer ADA8200 adat out, patch it into your Apollo 8's ADAT input. This would give you 6 separate drum outs, which is not bad for basic kit.

Out 1. Kick,
Out 2. Snare
Out 3. Hi Hat
Out 4. Ride or Crash Cymbal
Out 5/6 Small and Floor Tom or
Out 5/6: Middle and Floor Tom

8 out would be better, 12 outs would be ideal. :lol: