For discussion about setting up your studio and advice on the gear and equipment within it.
By justineastwick Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:30 pm
Planning on hooking my MPC to a patch bay - a Neutrik NYS-SPP-L1 TRS patch bay to be exact.

Noticed that a lot of people with these patch bays take the L and R outs of their MPCs (with TS cables) and hook them up to inputs 1 and 2 on the patch bay (with the other end of the TS cables) even though the patch bay itself can accept TRS connections.

Could I essentially get a dual-TS to TRS interconnect cable, connect the L and R outs of my MPC to the TS ends and connect the TRS end to input 1 of the patch bay?

I think it would be less cables in the long run, right?
By peterpiper Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:27 pm
Why would you wanna do this? I don't see a benefit.
Things would only get more 'complicated' cause you would also need to use TRS to dual-TS patch cable. It should be possible but I wouldn't use this method.
What else is connected to your patchbay (do you really need to have this ONE more free slot?)
peace
By justineastwick Sun Dec 06, 2020 10:00 pm
peterpiper wrote:Why would you wanna do this? I don't see a benefit.
Things would only get more 'complicated' cause you would also need to use TRS to dual-TS patch cable. It should be possible but I wouldn't use this method.
What else is connected to your patchbay (do you really need to have this ONE more free slot?)
peace

Well, I’m using it to get rid of a potential feedback loop on my mixer with my samplers. I was intending to connect my samplers to the patch bay so I can patch them into each other without getting the potential feedback loop.

I have dual-TS to TRS interconnect cables already. Would just need the TRS patch cables, which I’d need to get to connect to the patch bay anyway.

Got spend money on cables regardless, so I thought to consider this dilemma before I went ahead and got more cables.

I just thought it’d more sense for me to use the dual-TS to TRS connections than to use TS to TS connections.