For discussion about setting up your studio and advice on the gear and equipment within it.
By dabmeister Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:19 am
Well, since this was a deal that made too much sense to pass up (and I like deals), I decided to take advantage of it. Now I need to purchase an iLok and I'm good.
By Smackdee Fri Feb 19, 2021 7:44 am
dabmeister wrote:Well, since this was a deal that made too much sense to pass up (and I like deals), I decided to take advantage of it. Now I need to purchase an iLok and I'm good.

You don't need an actual Ilok key but you do need an ilok account...
Indeed a deal no one should pass up....
By dabmeister Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:15 pm
Smackdee wrote:
dabmeister wrote:Well, since this was a deal that made too much sense to pass up (and I like deals), I decided to take advantage of it. Now I need to purchase an iLok and I'm good.

You don't need an actual Ilok key but you do need an ilok account...
Indeed a deal no one should pass up....

Ok, good to know, thanks. Software will probably guide me through it's registration, but cool.
By Danoc Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:32 am

:shock: ohhhh weee. Yes sir l heard that. Man cause next week lm jumping out the wundow and getting that SSL Flexverb. That baby off the chain. And l migh just might get that ssl2Drum strip. Ima bout to look at a video on it from Youtube l down loaded. Im going SSL all the way. No more Waves buying. :smoker:

I already let you know you didn't need an ilok. You needed the ilok registration. You can put it on your computer. Once you put the ilok manager on your desktop open your ilok account from the desktop don't open it from google.
I have had my ilok for years. I use the ilok causel can get on any computer l want. Thats the advantage.

Congrats on your purchase
By dabmeister Sat Feb 20, 2021 1:26 pm
Danoc wrote:

:shock: ohhhh weee. Yes sir l heard that. Man cause next week lm jumping out the wundow and getting that SSL Flexverb. That baby off the chain. And l migh just might get that ssl2Drum strip. Ima bout to look at a video on it from Youtube l down loaded. Im going SSL all the way. No more Waves buying. :smoker:

I already let you know you didn't need an ilok. You needed the ilok registration. You can put it on your computer. Once you put the ilok manager on your desktop open your ilok account from the desktop don't open it from google.
I have had my ilok for years. I use the ilok causel can get on any computer l want. Thats the advantage.

Congrats on your purchase

Thanks bruh. I probably missed reading your suggestion somewhere. I haven't bought s/w in years aside from daw upgrades, and things change when you're out the game for a minute. It's the "time" I'm looking for where I can take advantage of being able to compose. I do live playing with friends to keep my playing skills up, but laying tracks like I use to, it's another facet of the art I look forward to getting involved with again.
By Danoc Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:53 am
Oh ok l see wherevyou are now. I didn't know you were out the game. That's where l m at Software only and lm loving it. I have 2 top dog DAWs , Reason 11 and Studio One 4. Now l just decided to go all SSL and the SSL controller. Just gotta find where lma put it. If l have have it in my dam lap l will :lol: :lol:

As it stands lm getting that SSL Flexverb that joint is beastly! And maybe SSL Drum strip l may not need that being l have other software.

dabmeister wrote:
Thanks bruh. I probably missed reading your suggestion somewhere. I haven't bought s/w in years aside from daw upgrades, and things change when you're out the game for a minute. It's the "time" I'm looking for where I can take advantage of being able to compose. I do live playing with friends to keep my playing skills up, but laying tracks like I use to, it's another facet of the art I look forward to getting involved with again.
By Cockdiesel Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:02 am
they offer the drumstrip and vocal strip free with their other products. you prolly get it with that mixer controller FWIW.
By Danoc Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:05 am
Cockdiesel wrote:they offer the drumstrip and vocal strip free with their other products. you prolly get it with that mixer controller FWIW.

Where did you read that? Link?
Vocal strip eeeh, not into that. Im looking to see if l nwed drum strip.

But SSL Flexverb :shock: OMG that's a must have for. My gear lust is taking me over and don't know how much longer l can hold out from the Flexverb

Thanks
By Danoc Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:35 am
Ok gotcha. Well.... The sale is over. Ima keep watchinng put fkr holiday sales for their items
By Smackdee Sat May 29, 2021 11:44 pm
For those who bought this bundle, they just released a major update to V2 for their new channel strip and BusComp controller, plugins have been upgraded sound wise and new GUI's....
By v00d00ppl Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:56 am
I ended up getting the subscription on an annual basis. Wow this new channel sounds miles better than my 9000K console 1 expansion. The EQ and dynamics stand out. Even if you are doing low ratios of compression per channel (think 1.5:1 or 2:1) this channel goes a long way. The anti cramping tech of the new EQs sound much better too. Whether you’re cutting or boosting a frequency it sounds great. Even if you didn’t know what you are doing just setting the levels correctly along with the pan in the 360 software make a big difference in your mix and balance. I actually have my stems playing while I’m watching my meters and faders in the 360 app.
By Danoc Sun Jul 11, 2021 11:22 pm
I heard that :nod: lm not a subscrition type of guy lol.
What l wish SSL would of did was put a visual analyzer on top of the their EQ so l could see what lm rolling off or boosting etc.

v00d00ppl wrote:I ended up getting the subscription on an annual basis. Wow this new channel sounds miles better than my 9000K console 1 expansion. The EQ and dynamics stand out. Even if you are doing low ratios of compression per channel (think 1.5:1 or 2:1) this channel goes a long way. The anti cramping tech of the new EQs sound much better too. Whether you’re cutting or boosting a frequency it sounds great. Even if you didn’t know what you are doing just setting the levels correctly along with the pan in the 360 software make a big difference in your mix and balance. I actually have my stems playing while I’m watching my meters and faders in the 360 app.