For discussion about setting up your studio and advice on the gear and equipment within it.
By Danoc Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:36 am
I bought mines $49 thing is expensive and its on sell . just letting peeps know if they like to get this. You dont nee ilok either but you use it. I put mines on ilok then l can use it multiple places. I will use this in S1v4. Tean 11 already has a great SSL emulation. It fit well with UF8 SSL controller

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail ... lsrc=aw.ds
By dabmeister Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:03 am
I see they're saying four days left. I have the waves ssl 4k bundle but it's old by today's standards. I'll have to think on this, if it's a necessity or not. :hmmm:
By Danoc Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:07 am
Yo l have the waves channel E, l will never use that again! Yes the E channel and what not is old but its just an EQ and dynamics joint you can use forever. Its just SSL did it better.

I've been on this thing since l got home l am telling you its beast mode! We have to remember its SSL who actually made this not some 3rd party its coming directly from SSL , it gets no better than that.

You get the bus compjressor too. Do you know how many would kill for just the bus compressor alone?

If l were you l would get it. Alot of people here probably don't understand this level of product but l put it here for those that do. $49 bucks is like SSL is almost giving iy away. I do not rrgret getting it.
Yeah they pushed the date to 19th. Made people are eating that small price up. It was so easy putting it on ilok too. You have to have ilok 2 and above.

dabmeister wrote:I see they're saying four days left. I have the waves ssl 4k bundle but it's old by today's standards. I'll have to think on this, if it's a necessity or not. :hmmm:
By Danoc Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:19 am
Its said in this order the best on the market.

1. SSL channel that l just bought is #1
2. UAD SSL
3. Brainworxs SSL
4. Waves SSL channel.

When that SSL Flex Verb goes on sale lm getting that! It's $279 alone dammmm.
By NearTao Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:52 pm
The stock Ableton effects are, by and large what they say on the tin... and just the algorithms for EQ/Filters, etc...

The difference here is partially the modeling, with the intent of them to sound more analogue, imparting character, etc... and the routing that was put in place. Sure you can setup a similar EQ/FX/Compressor/Gate chain in Ableton by creating a group, but you're not going to get that modeled character out of it.

So... depends on how much value you place on those things or not. I will say though, there is a reason they are able to demand such a high price, even if it is not everyone's cup of tea.
By Danoc Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:12 pm
dryad-66 wrote:Good looking out Danoc.Will probs have a pop.Only using stock Ableton lite (free) plugs atm.Any good?will i notice a difference?

Ableton stock plugins I have not a clue on. When and if you want to get the SSL Bundle you're going to have to decide quickly lol :lol: SSL should give that sale until the 28th of this month.
no doubt I will always try to look out.

I'm not buying anymore waves stuff, I'm going SSL. They make top notch plugins. I can't wait to get the SSL UF8 Controller, it will go perfect with my SSL Channel Strip. plus its native and I like the way and smoothness I can get it on my iLok. Easy process. I'm trying to hold out for a sale but man if a sale don't come by next week I'm going to have to jump out the window :lol: :lol: :lol: and pay that $279 for ONE SSL Flexverb :shock: It's better in function than say the Eventide UltraReverb.

By Danoc Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:21 pm
100% agree. I know how the real SSL boards sound from working on them, and I'm a sucker for their function to give a certain sound. The circuitry is Dope.

Tao that track in you sig sounds dope :worthy:

NearTao wrote:The stock Ableton effects are, by and large what they say on the tin... and just the algorithms for EQ/Filters, etc...

The difference here is partially the modeling, with the intent of them to sound more analogue, imparting character, etc... and the routing that was put in place. Sure you can setup a similar EQ/FX/Compressor/Gate chain in Ableton by creating a group, but you're not going to get that modeled character out of it.

So... depends on how much value you place on those things or not. I will say though, there is a reason they are able to demand such a high price, even if it is not everyone's cup of tea.
By Sense-A Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:04 pm
I am setting up two more PC's in the near future.

The geek in me wants to use Reaper because of the billion settings and customizations and the very conservative use of memory and processing power.

But Studio One looks so smooth and intuitive and has such a satisfying interface.

As far as EQ's and compressors and such, I'm still outside the box. The SSL plug-in looks nice, but... I just bought a DBX 166 to go along with the Pro VLA II, aphex compressors, RNC compressor, and various other hardware compressors I already have. I bought a Sabine EQ/compressor too :Sigh: It retailed for $1300 and I got it for $60 so it was hard to pass up.
By Danoc Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:25 pm
S1v4 os so easy to use and it has dope featutes l love. The headroom is Boss!
Yeah you don't need the SSL joint. Those who mix mostly in the box and are strictly ITB like need its goodness :)

Sense-A wrote:I am setting up two more PC's in the near future.

The geek in me wants to use Reaper because of the billion settings and customizations and the very conservative use of memory and processing power.

But Studio One looks so smooth and intuitive and has such a satisfying interface.

As far as EQ's and compressors and such, I'm still outside the box. The SSL plug-in looks nice, but... I just bought a DBX 166 to go along with the Pro VLA II, aphex compressors, RNC compressor, and various other hardware compressors I already have. I bought a Sabine EQ/compressor too :Sigh: It retailed for $1300 and I got it for $60 so it was hard to pass up.
By NearTao Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:11 am
Danoc wrote:Tao that track in you sig sounds dope :worthy:

Thanks man! I can get something halfway decent out once in a while :D

I feel like the levels are still a tad off... but every time I tweak it, it upsets the balance :lol:

Maybe I need those SSL plugs?
By Danoc Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:30 am
You need to properly gain stage mix for balance then bus seperation to glue everything together.

The SSL will help with boosting and cutting frequencies. Hey if you can soare $49 bucks l would get the SSL joint. :smoker:

NearTao wrote:
Danoc wrote:Tao that track in you sig sounds dope :worthy:

Thanks man! I can get something halfway decent out once in a while :D

I feel like the levels are still a tad off... but every time I tweak it, it upsets the balance :lol:

Maybe I need those SSL plugs?
By Danoc Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:36 am
What l don't like about the SSL joint you don't get a graphic EQ to look at. When they get that and have where you're cuttinng sharp its ova!

Reason has the graphic EQ you can look at what you've cutting and boosting. One of the reasons l love the SSL 9000 J/K
By Danoc Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:43 pm
dabmeister wrote:I see they're saying four days left. I have the waves ssl 4k bundle but it's old by today's standards. I'll have to think on this, if it's a necessity or not. :hmmm:

:shock: :shock: :shock: OMG! Yo waves SSL E channel can't touch the SSL Channel strip! I will never use that SSL from Waves again!