For discussion about setting up your studio and advice on the gear and equipment within it.
By petergaleanaudi Tue May 04, 2021 7:09 pm
Hi there,

I have the above gear, and I would really like to set it all up, so I can use the MPC X as a sequencer and to record sound into it. As in record the entire track(s).

My theory:

Midi out from V-synth, to Midi in of Integra.

Midi out of Integra to Midi in of MPC X. Audio out of Integra to Audio in of MPC X.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.
By Smackdee Wed May 05, 2021 11:04 am
Your a little off track but let's see if we can get you up and going!!! First off let's start with the midi, midi out from Mpc(midi out A) to midi in on the Integra, now for the V_synth you go midi out B(MPC) to midi in on the V-Synth and midi out of the V-Synth into midi in on the MPC.... Now on the MPC you select a midi track and midi device A is the Integra and now you can select 1 of 16 channels since the Integra is multitimbral..
V-Synth is midi device B any channel should work because it's not multitimbral as it can only play one sound at a time, now if you want to play sounds from anyone of your sound sources including the MP with the V-Synth keys you need to turn local off on the V-Synth (basic knowledge of the V-Synth is needed here) that should get you on track as far as midi goes, now on to the audio side of things.... Audio from both the Integra and V-Synth need to be routed to the MP or a mixer if you route the audio to the MP tap the audio tab in hit monitor in and off you go, now this will take a second for you to hook up a wrap your head around what's going on if you've never hooked up midi devices but you'll get it shortly after and once it's hooked up, leave it alone lol

Let me know how it goes...