For discussion about setting up your studio and advice on the gear and equipment within it.
By John Wellington-Wells Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:35 pm
I use my MPC one as the core of a dawless set up. Some of my gear is attached via 5pin din midi and some via usb. No problem so far, synths etc just appear in the midi menu via usb and can be controlled etc no problem.

My problem is that I want to use usb to sync my wonderful 1010music gear but they don't appear or sync via usb. No problem via midi but it would be good to cut down the wiring.

Any clues?

John
By Lampdog Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:52 pm

I use this on my older gear, EMU Turbo Phatt, it works perfectly and as expected.
I feel and hear no noticeable latency. 5pin midi gear wont show up to be controlled via usb midi and vice versa (on mpc x).

Using this on older gear makes it usb midi and thus controllable with other usb midi gear.
By Lampdog Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:09 pm
Detail for us exactly the cables used and what ports they go to.
Also check into your preferences for midi on mpc.

Scroll down to
ENABLE MIDI PORTS WHEN DISCOVERED
By Lampdog Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:29 am
Flat = usb a
Square round = usb b
How is black box (usb a) connecting to usb hub and/or mpc (usb a ports) if black box has usb a also?

By MPC-Tutor Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:18 am
Apparently blackbox is not USB class compliant. The MPC only supports class compliant USB devices. Here's some results from 1010music's forum about this:

https://www.google.com/search?q=1010mus ... 0music.com

This might also be related to whether it acts as a USB host or device, which is why you can't trigger iPads or Phones devices via USB. Typically you would need to connect the MPC USB A to the device's USB B, which on the blackbox is only used for power (I'm assuming). I believe some devices can handle this through their USB A (I believe OP-Z was one example that came up), but not all.

Either way,I don't think it's possible, you'll need to stick to the MIDI DIN ports.