For discussion about setting up your studio and advice on the gear and equipment within it.
By Zae Zur Mon Jun 28, 2021 7:51 pm
Hey MPC Heads,

anyone using one in their workflow?

I am currently using an MPC Live 2 (Stand Alone) and am wanting to keep my workflow to that as I am not eager to have to integrate a DAW. I am happy with a lot of the internal effects on the MPC and feel they can mostly get the job done for a good mix. But am looking at the Analog Heat to add some extra punch and warmth where I feel I could use it. Just curious who is using one?

I know there are a lot of amazing plugins for DAW's, the UAD's have some really nice options but again, trying to work OTB so wondering how the heat stacks up to some of these advanced plugins.

Thanks for any info!
By DokBrown Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:16 am
Just about everything from ELEKTRON is pricy but worth it.

This dude swears by his heat

MARLOW / MPC HEAD - HOW I MIX 2000 XL
By DokBrown Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:05 pm
I’m personally a big fan of the KAOSS AND Pioneer RMX series
Digital is cool for delays/reverbs/scratch FX/etc.
But when it comes to EQ/filters/compression you gotta go analog

The only other thing I would consider is AH
I think this is there entry-level offering
https://www.allen-heath.com/ahproducts/xone-23/
By Zae Zur Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:28 pm
My Analog Heat arrived and all i can say is hot damn, this thing is amazing. Have been processing everything through it and it, well it makes everything sound better and louder and just better. One of my favorite Elektron devices next to the octatrack. worth it for sure.
By consumable_electronica Tue Mar 08, 2022 2:51 am
How are you guys connecting your Analog Heat
With the MPC Live? In the end I like to bring what I was working on into my DAW. I’m guessing exporting the stems, then dragging them into my DAW won’t have the AHMK2 on them? So then just
Record the takes into my DAW via my sound card instead of using the export feature?
Hope this is making some sort of sense, trying to figure out the best way. Thanks
By Christov Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:00 pm
I got a question about this machine. I read about the overbridge function so that you can integrate it in your DAW, but what I can't find out is if you can use it on multiple tracks in a DAW or just a single track in a DAW? Just to understand the proces.
By e-smile-z Tue Mar 15, 2022 7:04 am
consumable_electronica wrote:How are you guys connecting your Analog Heat
With the MPC Live? In the end I like to bring what I was working on into my DAW. I’m guessing exporting the stems, then dragging them into my DAW won’t have the AHMK2 on them? So then just
Record the takes into my DAW via my sound card instead of using the export feature?
Hope this is making some sort of sense, trying to figure out the best way. Thanks

The mpc won t recognize the heat as a soundcard. I have connected the heat mk2 via XLR cables to the mpc and per USB to my daw. In that way I can use the heat connected via XLR as a filter/saturation device for resampling back into the mpc and via a the USB connection I can use the heat inside in my daw using overbridge.

You can use the analog heat inside the daw just on a single track(stereo). But you render it and use it on the next track