For discussion about setting up your studio and advice on the gear and equipment within it.
By <SWIM> Mon Sep 06, 2021 1:25 am
Greetings

I recently acquired a Akai S950 I've spent some time already loading samples through my MPC 2KXL. Everything is going smoothly until I started trying to sample from my record player. Whenever I sample a break or any type of sample into the S950. When I preview the sample in the S950, the sample plays at a exponentially sped up rate. The same occurs whenever I sample from record player< 2000XL< S950. I'm not currently using a mixer but will acquire one soon. I'm not around my unit at the moment but I've been trying to trouble shoot and look up information pertaining to this issue. The S950 has a bandwidth setting, as well as a option to change the sample time. Again since I've been thinking about this I have't been able to actively use my unit. If someone would be kind enough to offer insight to this issue. It would be greatly appreciated.

Much love,

S.W.I.M

Rest In Peace to The King of Beats DILLA
By <SWIM> Wed Sep 08, 2021 5:49 am
NearTao wrote:Have you tried playing lower notes on your keyboard? Sounds like the assigned midi note doesn’t match your played midi note.

I'm using it in sync with a MPC2000XL so there not keys to be played since its a drum machine. I've set up the midi configuration properly, as I was able to load and assign kick, snare, hi-hat, etc. Even when I sample directly into the S950 VIA record player I'm having this same issue though.
By Christov Wed Sep 08, 2021 4:02 pm
NearTao wrote:does it do this when you press the pb button on the s950?
. Word, thats the first thing to check.
By terry towelling Thu Sep 09, 2021 6:06 am
<SWIM> wrote:
NearTao wrote:Have you tried playing lower notes on your keyboard? Sounds like the assigned midi note doesn’t match your played midi note.

I'm using it in sync with a MPC2000XL so there not keys to be played since its a drum machine. I've set up the midi configuration properly, as I was able to load and assign kick, snare, hi-hat, etc. Even when I sample directly into the S950 VIA record player I'm having this same issue though.

the only difference between a keyboard and and an mpc is one has pads and one has keys. but as far as midi information, there is no difference.
your mpc is sending out chromatic midi note information -- it sends out c1, d1, e1 etc midi notes.