For discussion about setting up your studio and advice on the gear and equipment within it.
By DoctorCano Sat Dec 25, 2021 11:28 pm
Hi,

Hopefully this is the correct forum for this question. I was having trouble with some keys on my Akai MPK261. Some had lost their sensitivity. So, I looked up some tutorials on what I should do and noted that those with similar issues on the 249 and mini had simply cleaned the motherboards and the rubber buttons with alcohol.

I opened up my Akai and disconnected the ribbons and whatever else connected to the keyboard portion of the MPK261. In total, it was 2 ribbons, 2 wide connectors and one 4 bar connector. Once fully disconnected, I removed the rubber pieces and cleaned them with alcohol via q-tip. I waited for everything to dry and reassembled.

After I powered everything on, I tested the keys and none of them worked. I have checked to see if the connections were solid between the ribbons and connectors and admittedly some were loose. I tightened them up and re-assessed and I had the same problem. Not sure what the problem could be, specifically, so I'm asked you guys for some help. If you need some pictures of the boards I can take some for you if it helps.

Thanks!