For discussion about setting up your studio and advice on the gear and equipment within it.
By dabmeister Fri Mar 04, 2022 12:42 am
v00d00ppl wrote:I ended up buying two Chandler Limited TG Microphone Cassette Channels for mixbus processing, tracking, EQ vibe, etc. Knowing what I know about stem processing I wondered what I could do with the EMI sound to manage having the sound of the 60s with more modern synth and drum tones.

https://chandlerlimited.com/tg-microphone-cassette/

I’ll be getting it Tuesday. I took the day off just so I can set up my recall sheets.

Dayum! :shock:
By v00d00ppl Fri Mar 04, 2022 1:59 am
Yep brother. I was torn between the 1073DPX, two shelford channels, TG Microphone Cassette x 2. I think having an Opto Compressor that can grab like a FET won me over along with the curve bender EQ.
By dabmeister Fri Mar 04, 2022 4:20 am
v00d00ppl wrote:Yep brother. I was torn between the 1073DPX, two shelford channels, TG Microphone Cassette x 2. I think having an Opto Compressor that can grab like a FET won me over along with the curve bender EQ.

Good choice...I doubt you'd find anything similar that's catered to "ITB".
By DokBrown Fri Mar 04, 2022 9:23 pm
This is the stuff dreams are made of ;-)
By Menco Sat Mar 05, 2022 6:59 am
I bought a few not so sexy but very needed pieces of gear yesterday I wanted for a while now.

A patchbay to easily set up and change signal flows with en between the Tascam 12, MPC, Sp404, QY70, computer out and TT

Also replaced my turntable, it was 15 year old beltdrive with an almost dead play start button, right channel that only worked every now and then. It also played on a lower speed more often ten not. Bought a midrange priced direct drive Lenco, which is actually a cheap 1210 knockoff.

Still on my wishlist is a bass guitar, compressor and reverb. Still have to do some research on that. And also really missing my S950, but prices are crazy high right now.
By v00d00ppl Sat Mar 05, 2022 12:08 pm
A patchbay is not sexy but very necessary in a studio environment. It’s a life save for not having to dig in the back to connect your gear to the input of device.
By dabmeister Sat Mar 05, 2022 4:20 pm
Menco wrote:Still on my wishlist is a bass guitar, compressor and reverb. Still have to do some research on that. And also really missing my S950, but prices are crazy high right now.

Sadly, second hand gear is a victim of this crazy economic whirlwind we're experiencing these days.

Makes you think about the time you should have made that move to grab what you wanted back when as opposed to getting it now.
By Menco Sat Mar 05, 2022 8:19 pm
v00d00ppl wrote:A patchbay is not sexy but very necessary in a studio environment. It’s a life save for not having to dig in the back to connect your gear to the input of device.

Word! Postponed the purchase a couple of times cause I thought I didn’t really need it. But plugging and unplugging stuff and figuring out which cable is what became very annoying.
By Menco Sat Mar 05, 2022 8:26 pm
dabmeister wrote:
Menco wrote:Still on my wishlist is a bass guitar, compressor and reverb. Still have to do some research on that. And also really missing my S950, but prices are crazy high right now.

Sadly, second hand gear is a victim of this crazy economic whirlwind we're experiencing these days.

Makes you think about the time you should have made that move to grab what you wanted back when as opposed to getting it now.

Yeah man, wanted to buy that turntable couple of weeks ago, but affordable turntables were out of stock everywhere. Checked the 2nd hands market and the price for a decent tt were way higher than usual.
By dabmeister Thu Mar 17, 2022 4:48 pm
83dude wrote:I‘d love to get an SSL Fusion for buss or sum processing. Cool device!

https://www.solidstatelogic.com/products/fusion

Yes, it's a pretty decent piece of gear. Its got way more features than what you see on the front panel. I've been using it as a sweetener between my audio interface and master recorder (DA 3000).

One option I like using it for is being an aid to enhancing audio sources I might grab off the web to add to my DJ collection.
By dabmeister Mon Mar 28, 2022 1:26 am

So what's the consensus with this specimen I have here?

Any views, reviews, likes, or dislikes?
By dabmeister Mon Apr 18, 2022 11:51 pm
UAD Plugins on the Spark Subscription Platform (new options for native users).

I understand this is relatively new for everybody and it's a huge plus for those of us that want to take advantage of UAD plugins without having to own any of their hardware.

I think the subscription is 20 bucks a month, but you can get them for free if you already own UAD hardware and have a perpetual license.

Interesting.