For discussion about setting up your studio and advice on the gear and equipment within it.
By Menco Tue Feb 22, 2022 7:49 pm
Christov wrote:
Menco wrote:BTW, if you really want to sell the S950 I'm highly interested in buying it from you, ik woon namelijk ook in Nederland!

Nah the 950 is staying. Erg fijne bak! En leuk om te zien dat er hier meer Nederlanders zitten.

Fijne bak is het zeker! I had one, sold it and still regret it till this day. That's why I personally am more reluctant in selling gear nowadays.

Er zijn wel wat meerdere Nederlanders hier soms.
By Christov Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:43 am
Menco wrote:Fijne bak is het zeker! I had one, sold it and still regret it till this day. That's why I personally am more reluctant in selling gear nowadays.

Yeah I see your point, never really had any regret on selling stuff I wasn't using. But I can definitly imaging regretting selling a s950, especially with the crazy prices they're selling for right now.
By T-Monk Mon Feb 28, 2022 6:39 pm
My advice would be to archive any data of pieces you sell, just in case in the future you want to re-purchase something and be “up and running” immediately. If you’ve build sampled instruments or saved presets, etc it is nice to have that stashed away on a hard drive.
By Christov Thu Mar 10, 2022 6:14 am
T-Monk wrote:My advice would be to archive any data of pieces you sell, just in case in the future you want to re-purchase something and be “up and running” immediately. If you’ve build sampled instruments or saved presets, etc it is nice to have that stashed away on a hard drive.

Word, I always do that. Thanks for the reminder though.

My EPS 16 plus has been sold to a guy who rents out audio gear to musicians and apparantly Tavares is gonna tour Europe with it. That's a nice idea, my girl really likes their music. And - strangely enough - that guy had a connect for the EPS 16 plus rackversion, which I'm gonna pick up this weekend. So far, so good.
By Ultros Fri Mar 11, 2022 5:01 am
I am about to do some liqudating shortly... I've stacked up some layers of dj gear now that I really don't need lingering around.

If you don't find yourself using it regularly its fairly safe to say you'll probably be ok without it. It's sad sometimes to see our old dreams go out the door though. I really dig the future though. Stuff sounds so good.
By Christov Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:40 pm
Word Ultros, I feel you on that last sentiment. They started gutting the attic today and having bits of gear all around the house kinda sucks, but atleast I can do some stuff on my MPC One.

Short update gearcwise. Sold my DBX EQ and my rack DJ mixer, effectively freeing up 4HE of rackspace. Thinking of replacing my Mackie mixer with a TASCAM LM series rackmixer. That would make my total amount of rackgear 8 HE, plus 3 1HE cablebrushes means I can fit in everything easily in my current desk.

Gonna lift up the keyboardtray so I can work more comfortably and put some stuff ( probably mpc and a microkorg and my vestax mixer and sl1200 on 2 2x2 Ikea Kallax. Already found brand new wheels for them on the second hand market, which makes getting em away when I'm working and pulling it out when making music fairly easy. Plus, this configuration means I can put it all in whatever room in my house. Really flexible.

Still doubting on selling my 2500 (haven't used it in over a year) and one of the microkorgs. Decisions, decisions...
By Ultros Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:31 pm
It's hard to choose *what* should go. I am thinking alot of my analog hw was a bad choice in a digital era. i like my hw synths but i very rarely take time to use some of them and multiple dj rigs sitting in boxes going back to the analog era if djing.

Christov wrote:Still doubting on selling my 2500 (haven't used it in over a year) and one of the microkorgs. Decisions, decisions...

Not the microkorg!!! lol id buy a 2nd one of those if i could. I would love to upgrade to the microkorg S. i
By 83dude Wed Aug 17, 2022 5:03 pm
Ultros wrote:Not the microkorg!!!

I second that. A machine that somehow ALWAYS finds it‘s way into my productions.

I also use an old Minibrute for basslines or the occasional lead; I wouldn‘t want to miss my Waldorf 2-pole and (mostly for FX or lo-fi resampling) my SP-404 SX (?). The S3000 is used less and less, and save for a preamp my gear is not in use anymore…

… but I‘ll be keeping the microKORG until it dies of old age.
By terry towelling Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:20 am
I sold my s3000 last year. I find doing lots of button pushing and editing on rack mounted gear really tedious and prefer pad/keyboard samplers with built in sequencers.

currently thinking of selling a Roland jx3p synth to buy a Roland mc707. it seems such a bad trade. I know I'd always miss the jx3p (but I also have a jx8p, so I'd still have a classic Roland analogue poly synth).
but I hardly ever use the jx3p. not because it don't like the jx3p. but because I don't have a good studio set up where I can easily use the jx3p.

I've tried selling off old Casio keyboards, yamaha drum machines and lesser bits of gear, but no one is biting.

never selling the asr10, Roland mv8000 or OP1.
By Christov Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:04 am
@Ultros and 83dude: I really have the same sentiments about my MicroKorg, so it probably stays, but I like the keybed and usb functionality of the xlplus alot. And if I can load the few OG MicroKorg patches that I use religiously and they sound the same to me it would atleast mean I can put my MicroKorg at a place where I can reach it if necesarry and possibly even sell it. If those few patches sound like ass on the xlplus it will definitly stay.
By v00d00ppl Thu Aug 25, 2022 9:14 pm
Christov wrote:@Ultros and 83dude: I really have the same sentiments about my MicroKorg, so it probably stays, but I like the keybed and usb functionality of the xlplus alot. And if I can load the few OG MicroKorg patches that I use religiously and they sound the same to me it would atleast mean I can put my MicroKorg at a place where I can reach it if necesarry and possibly even sell it. If those few patches sound like ass on the xlplus it will definitly stay.

Mate always put your synth where it’s easily accessible and you’re not breaking your back. You will have a different attitude if it’s hard to reach. If my analog keys is far away from me I’m not playing it as much when it’s that perfect arm length I can start recording tracks at arms length.
By Ultros Sat Oct 01, 2022 3:47 pm
keep the mpc one and the microkorg, monitors and rack mixer (stiill useful for getting the keyboard and decks into the mpc). sell the rest of it and buy a numark mixstream pro. done decluttering and now you have exactly what you had / need in a modern form that takes up hardly any space. most of that other stuff is really nice, but its obsolete and you sound like you want to move on.
By Christov Thu Oct 06, 2022 10:15 am
Ultros wrote:keep the mpc one and the microkorg, monitors and rack mixer (stiill useful for getting the keyboard and decks into the mpc). sell the rest of it and buy a numark mixstream pro. done decluttering and now you have exactly what you had / need in a modern form that takes up hardly any space. most of that other stuff is really nice, but its obsolete and you sound like you want to move on.

Yeah well I don't really mix music, just got that whole technics vestax stuff to sample music and to have the possibility to scratch something. But that Numark looks real nice though, I give you that.

My 2500 is going this weekend! Even made a small profit on it, so that's good. Probably also gonna sell my Zaor desk and get one of those new Ikea Obegränsad desk plus Kallax thingy for it in return. Less bulky and way more flexible.
By Ultros Sun Oct 09, 2022 8:24 am
Heh fair enough. the purge needs to happen from time to time. I liquidated everything about a decade ago and restarted 3 years ago. already if amassed a pile of shit i dont need.