For discussion about setting up your studio and advice on the gear and equipment within it.
By Ultros Fri Mar 11, 2022 5:38 am
So I have been oogling the denon prime go for months and kinda humming and hawing over the price of the unit. Today I came across the mixstream pro during my searches and noticed "hey wait a min, its running engine dj as well" and the price is vastly lower. So I went on ahead n ordered me h-one.

Anyone else got one of these in their set up somewhere and whats your views? Seems like the right hardware for the right price.

The specs look great, so far what i think i may not like is the lack of a 3rd channel and the small pitch sliders. Still, it has a 32bit dsp which is a bit more 2022 than my 24bit mixdeck express. Two usb ports, one SD slot, wifi, ballanced xlr out, rca out meh.. mic in and some other crap. No reverse or brake though that i see.. may be hidden in a screen option. Built in speakers tho? Teh fek?! Hope those sound ok for monitoring.

Denon grade, at numark prices? *boioioioing!" SOLD.

By v00d00ppl Fri Mar 11, 2022 3:48 pm
Let us know how it goes. This thing is priced to sell for the features it has
By Ultros Mon Mar 14, 2022 5:13 pm
It's came in today! makes an ok combo.

I got a few gripes:

The delivery guy left the box in a snowy ditch beside the highway in the box marked numark as cars go driving by. Piece of @#$%.

Next off the metallic inlay plates on the platters were not installed properly merely thrown on the tops of the platters so i had to use a knife to gently peel them off center / restick them.

My numark mixdeck express mimics a truer feel better so it seems, i may just need to configure some settings to make it more confortable to my style... i dont like this crap where if you hold the platter the song stops playing but keeps ticking away.. that aint right at all..

All in all though it seems not bad. Uses 36 watts, 12v transformer brick like the mpc, no mains.
By Ultros Sun Mar 20, 2022 2:23 pm
Took me 16 hours straight to bust in, but I am in like flynt.

By Ultros Tue Mar 22, 2022 12:55 pm
Loving it so far, I've not touched my mpc in days. Just been mixing tunes.

There are some things this unit cant do the higher end denon units with the same OS will do so I want to look into that. The unit build isnt bad though it feels comfortable. Definitely worth its price tag.
By Puremule Fri Jul 15, 2022 10:32 am
I'm loving this unit so far. The one thing I can't figure out is that I tried to connect to the WiFi at a venue last night. The wifi requires the user to accept terms and conditions. The mixstream doesn't seem to have an option to do this or am I missing something?.
By Komatos Records Fri Jul 15, 2022 8:11 pm
If the venue’s WiFi is setup that way the only workaround is most likely to have the IT staff there whitelist your device’s MAC address. If the device doesn’t have the capability of a web browser then that “terms and conditions” page & button won’t load.
By Marknevilson Mon Oct 03, 2022 7:28 pm
hi, i wanted to ask you if you use numark and akai mpc one with ableton link, do you know a system? a thousand thanks
By Ultros Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:30 pm
Marknevilson wrote:hi, i wanted to ask you if you use numark and akai mpc one with ableton link, do you know a system? a thousand thanks

yes i do use them with ableton link. i dont use them with ableton though. Just ableton link between the two deviced. it's quite nice. With it enabled you can use the lazy sync function on the turntables to beatmap your song to the mpc's tempo.