For discussion about setting up your studio and advice on the gear and equipment within it.
By The Jackal Tue Apr 26, 2022 7:55 am
I've had my entire studio up & running for almost 4 days now because I've been meaning to record a song I finished up recently (though it's more like I keep falling asleep with everything on at the end of the day tbh).

Been keeping everything on more often to get into making music quicker, but think about long-term effects; keep everything cool, check power supply temps, menu-dive every so often to avoid screen burn-in, etc.. think I've had my MPC freeze up on me once since owning it and the E-mu would crash end of week after dozens & dozens of hours, but that seems to have stopped since I took it apart & cleaned the connections. Haven't really had any problems outside of that.

I like being able to play or record something at the drop of a hat.
By DokBrown Tue Apr 26, 2022 4:55 pm
in general turn it off UNLESS I have a thought or project that I ha-ven’t finished. Walking by my MPC or GROOVEBOX & seeing those lights on reminds that I still got work to do . . . . . . . . .

Your MPC will probably break due to hardware damage or a faulty OS upgrade before it breaks due to leaving it on too long. Regard-less, be prepared to cop a new 1 when it does break. Some people get insurance but I don’t have the patience for BS
By Lampdog Wed Apr 27, 2022 6:35 am
Turn it off when not in use.
By Ultros Sun May 01, 2022 3:36 pm
I will let mine idle during the hours that I am awake if I'm working on music that day. Otherwise i power all my gear off and turn off the power conditioner so if there's some electrical anomily my gear doesnt take a hit.